abiword for morphos
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    hey since i haven't seen any recent developement for papyrus ofice from titan computing i think (since the subject of porting was brought up ealier) that abiword would be a good thing to port (and maintain) to morphos. from what i understand it is pretty portable (it runs on a lot of operating systems as it is). well tell me what u think.
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »08.07.03 - 20:35
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Honestly I didn't know what Abiword was but googling a bit I found out. Looks very professional program, and yes it has been ported to so many platforms already it shouln't be impossible for MorphOS.

Could be even worth thinking of hiring someone to do the job and stick it to SuperBundle if possible.

For the lazy ones not wanting to spend time searching:

Screenshots

Reviews
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »09.07.03 - 16:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    Thanks for posting the url's Hooligan. The screenshots look very nice. I don't think it would hurt anything to have it ported.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »09.07.03 - 17:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Dietmar
    Quote:

Could be even worth thinking of hiring someone to do the job and stick it to SuperBundle if possible.

Hiring somebody (or rather some programmers) to port these free/GPL'ed yet complex packages is probably the only way to ever see them on Amigas or the Pegasos. If they were under a different license, they would have been ported a long time ago. But if you can't make money with months and months of work, you have to be extremely motivated on top of extremly skilled on top of having excessive free time. Last but not least, these projects tend to build on each other. Before you can think about porting x, you might have to port gadget toolkit y and compiler version z. Not for the faint of heart.
  • »09.07.03 - 18:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    serge
    I WANT ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ! :-D Quote:

• »09.07.03 - 20:17
    greenboy
    Dietmar,

Yep, true about the dependencies. Though once some of the toolkits show up because of some other porting effort it may become less of an issue for others who contemplate porting an app.

It would be slightly less daunting with POSIX ; }
  • »13.07.03 - 17:18
    Profile Visit Website