From the Coming Soon Dept...
  • Targhan
    Howdy-ho everyone, this is your friendly MZJunkie Targhan speaking. I've been busy in the background again lately, working on a couple of things to kick off the summer right.

For Developers:

The recent rewrite of lastposts has closed off the final place where users can "see" a private forum's existence. This means that private topics cannot be seen without permission, and that MorphZone can finally open the "User Groups" to YOU for private beta-testing, private polls, and more.

In the coming weeks, MorphZone will add a resource page for developers (private) that will link to various documentation regarding MorphOS and (if God's willing and the creek don't rise) a several documents will be available locally.

Be sure to keep your eyes open for the announcement of the Developers section on MorphZone!

For Everyone:

I've began a rewrite of the 'LastPosts' module, changing some functions around, trying to get a little more speed out of the sql queries and to get the code a bit more portable.

Now, for an apology... When I updated the site's forum system, I failed to notify Zacman from MorphOS-News.de. As such, the forum link on MorphOS-News.de header was linking to a non-existant module. I've placed a redirect page in place of the module, and apologize to everyone for any problems this may have caused.

Server move is __finally__ completely finished. MorphZone is at a new hosting facility, with new drives, and a better pipeline. I understand that all the timeouts, connection refused, and other errors were annoying, I think everyone should be happy with the end result -- a faster MorphZone!

When logged in, there is now a new block as well, the "IRC" block that is associated with a nifty new ARexx script designed to launch AmIRC from IBrowse or Voyager. The link url, as the block describes, is Chatzilla compliant.. so if you're on linux....

All that, and I've be upgrading ircnews (the news-fetcher from irc), and will soon add a switch, MZF, to allow everyone to check for a forum topic from their irc client. Check the forums @ morphzone without ever opening your browser!

Members
    No, we are not working on a new theme... We are working on TWO new themes for MorphZone! A news announcement will be posted when either or both are completed.

Thanks for your time everyone,
    Targhan
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »08.05.05 - 21:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Great News Targh

Thanks for your work on our favorite site ;-)

The new themes sound cool, can we have one without a white background please? Reading the text can hurt your eyes after a while.. maybe a nice cool blue and silver like Ferox in Ambient or so?

thx

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »08.05.05 - 23:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    thanks Magnetic ;-)

We'll see what happens with the themes. I'm seriously considering adding a third new theme for _very low_ bandwidth connections.

• »09.05.05 - 00:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Hi Targhan, good news ! We all appreciate your work and morphzone, keep going ! :)
  • »09.05.05 - 13:20
    gunne
    Yup !

Keep it up Targhan :-)

Gunne
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »09.05.05 - 14:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    @all thank you!

Now an update for the updates:

1. New WebChat is under testing and may be available very shortly.

2. Bounties System idea 1,003,841 is currently being configured for a test-run. This should also give us the ability for a whole new feature on MorphZone, **censored**. Oops, I guess the magic faeries aren't letting me tell yet, so you'll just have to wait and see!

• »13.05.05 - 21:30
    Profile Visit Website