Pegasos2 laptops?!
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    is there any plans to ever make a Peg2 laptop?
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »25.06.03 - 02:35
    Profile Visit Website
    Miky060
    I'm really interested to it too!
    However maybe the time needed to realise a portable pegasos is longer then the time needed to see MorphOS Mac version finally ready. So better to wait and put MOS on a PowerBook. :-D

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »25.06.03 - 09:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    do u know when that port will be completed? so MorphOS can run on my powerbook?
  • »25.06.03 - 10:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    wiat then that raises the question why buy a Peg2 if there is going ot be a port of the MorphOS to Mac?
  • »25.06.03 - 16:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    It could be a while before MorphOS actually becomes available for Macs. Besides, I suspect by the time MorphOS does become available for Macs that Pegasos will be less expensive than a Mac.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »25.06.03 - 18:03
    Profile Visit Website
    Miky060
    I read somewhere a Genesi post where they say we will have Mac version of MorphOS next year. Is it faulse?

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »25.06.03 - 19:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Dietmar
    >is there any plans to ever make a Peg2 laptop?

Rather than a high-tech laptop, I would like to see a low-tech Atari/VC20/C64-style Pegasos Home Computer: internal keyboard, flat case, no fan, low price, and, recognizing that we are living in the 21 century, a cool TFT. With a lean and manageable OS, aggressively priced, this could be a winning package.

Right now, what computer can parents possibly buy for their kids? A dumb console or an over-sized over-complex PC, producing the noise level of a jet plane and drawing 350W. Programming these things is so complicated that you need a full bookshelf of developer material. Compare that to the simplicity of C64 BASIC: that's what got many kids hooked up and started in the 80s.

Since the demise of Commodore, the home computer market has been very much ignored (and I believe it's still there, if only there was a suitable computer).
  • »25.06.03 - 19:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    I honestly do not know when it will show up. Then again, I don't work on that side of things. I don't see any harm in asking though ;-)

• »25.06.03 - 19:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    It is difficult to argue with such logic as presented by Dietmar. The home market has been ignored, everything that could have fit the bill in the last ten years has been an "appliance" of some sort or another (game console, webtv).

A home computer, like an older Amiga or C=64 would have to be easy to set up, as well as easy to program. Plug it into the tv, plug in the mouse, plug into the wall.... Go!

• »25.06.03 - 19:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Damien
    I've promoted this idea for a while too, it was in fact a core idea at Phoenix (though I'm a relative newcomer to Phoenix only having been in it 18 months). An all-in-one yet modular computer would be a wonderful system for people, especially if marketted with a range of educational software. Ship it with a good OS (MOS), all basic software and some really easy dev tools (my three-stage IDE idea brought to fruition) and you'd be up to a good start.
  • »25.06.03 - 19:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Dietmar
    Quote:

my three-stage IDE idea brought to fruition

Care to explain?
  • »26.06.03 - 02:22
    Profile Visit Website