SOLVED: Why do I get an Error Message No. 0022
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    The Forum input is seemingly having issues, with either my profile or with its own database as it is 'bouncing' me inputting this topic as a new forum posting, so I'll ask here, and when the database gets back to working properly - as it should, instead of it generating the following message:

Quote:

Quote:

Error No: 0022 . . . Error Msg: An error ocurred while querying the database.

If the page does not automatically reload, please click here,

Additionally - the page doesn't automatically reload, and neither does a click on "here" respond/reload the page either . . . :-(

This issue seems to occur from time to time, though it has been a while since I last encountered this "error", or can anyone else confirm this is happening to them also? :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »24.02.23 - 01:36
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I don't know whether other users will spot/see that the text in this forum thread that I just created/input above also has an issue with text over-running the thread text frame as it 'leaks' into the avatar/profile margin, and out into the right hand side of the main webpage frame, and my 'signature' does not have word wrap, though this feature works perfectly well in responses I have input previously, so something with the forum input seems to not be working as it should.

Also there seems to be a 'bullet' in the footer of my initial/opening comment #1, and the second comment #2 seems to have "hopped" out of the margin in this second comment - which is also quite weird. :-?

I tried to ask . . . as a thread topic . . .

–Can the Ambient Menu "Snapshot Icons+Window+All" have keyboard shortcuts

However, the text I input in the New Topic textbox was not accepted, though it seems to be more accurate to say that the title itself was rejected as I tried to input that line of text directly above in this thread as an alternative to this current title . . .

Why do I get an Error Message No. 0022

. . . and I got the same Error 0022 message generated as I did when I tried to input it all initially.:-?

My request is also to ask . . .

Can the Ambient Menu Snapshot Icons+Window+All have keyboard shortcuts? :-?

Does anyone know if it is possible to set keyboard shortcuts for the Ambient Menu option Snapshot >Icons+Window+All? :-?

I have previously set keyboard shortcuts for View> Icons/List - toggling by using Cmd + -, and for quick swapping from the View> Icons / All Files / Thumbnails I use Cmd + =, but I just cannot figure out a way to be able to have a keyboard based shortcut to Snapshot the option to retain/save the choice selected for Icons / Window / All - does anyone know how to do this? 8-)

It used to be possible to enable this option on Amiga OS/WB 3.x with Tools Daemon 2.2 but with Ambient I just cannot find a way to enable it . . . as yet! 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »24.02.23 - 01:54
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ ASiegel - I see an edit mark . . .
    Quote:

[ Edited by ASiegel 24.02.2023 - 13:49 ]
    . . . which is at the bottom of my #1 comment, but there is no specific explanation as to why - why is that?:-?

As, I now notice that . . .

1. the text in this #1 forum thread no longer has the issue with text over-running the thread text frame which was 'leaking' into the avatar/profile margin, and out into the right hand side of the main webpage frame,
    2. my 'signature' now has its word wrap corrected,
    3. the 'bullet' in the footer of my initial/opening comment #1, has disappeared,
    4. the second comment marker #2 that had "hopped" out of the margin in the second comment, has also strangely also seemingly been rectified/edited

Though why it was not working as it should have been, has not been commented on/edited with an explanation as to why this intervention was required - with reasons, and also why I cannot create the thread I wanted to with the title - listed as a specific thread? :-?
    Can the Ambient Menu "Snapshot Icons+Window+All" have a keyboard shortcut(s)?

If this issue is still being looked into then I would like to know when I can open a dedicated topic on the title I want to, or is this too much to hope for? :-?
  • »26.02.23 - 05:17
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    @ ASiegel - I see an edit mark . . .
    Quote:

[ Edited by ASiegel 24.02.2023 - 13:49 ]
    . . . which is at the bottom of my #1 comment, but there is no specific explanation as to why - why is that?:-?

It happens occasionally that users misuse the quote tags (mostly when there are lots of nested quotes).

In your case, you had a closing quote tag but no opening close tag whatsoever.

This breaks the layout of this forum.
  • »26.02.23 - 10:09
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ ASiegel, I appreciate you go to a lot of trouble with the forum, and lots of other MorphOS matters (usually behind the scenes) for which I can only guess and much appreciate your efforts, but I'm not sure where that failure to place a Quote or End-Quote was, but does that really explain the text going 'mad', in items 1-4 below, causing . . .

1. the text in this #1 forum thread originally having the issue with text over-running the thread text frame which was 'leaking' into the avatar/profile margin, and out into the right hand side of the main webpage frame,
    2. my 'signature' had no word wrap, (it's always been OK previously, and it's OK now, and no quotes in it anywhere?
    3. the 'bullet' in the footer of my initial/opening comment #1, had appeared from nowhere, no quotes nearby
    4. the second comment marker #2 that had "hopped" out of the margin in the second comment, has also strangely also seemingly been rectified/edited . . . and yet again, no quotes nearby!

All of which I cannot understand how a failure to place either an end or an opening quote mark would make such an effect on the comment . . . and . . . surely would certainly not prevent me from typing a new topic into the forum to ask the questions and use the title that I have already typed in here.

I've seen the effect of a missing quote/end-quote in some text input by members in the forum, and I would certainly not expect the text in the forum to go "doo-lally"/ mad, but that's what it did for me, and it certainly could not be responsible for failing to allow me to input a new 'Topic' in the forum, which still hasn't been explained, I refer to - Error No. 0022 ?

However , the error seems to cause some cyberweb 'spasm' that disallows me inputting the topic I have typed in this thread, but yet I cannot input it as a direct topic in the forum - and I did not use a quote or end-quote mark in any of my text I typed.

So, that still does not explain why I could not, and still cannot input the title into a new topic to create it? :-?

Nor does it explain why I get/got the Error 0022 message generated?

So, please will you explain why this error is generated, and in what circumstances it occurs, and are there (m)any other circumstances that this error might occur for it to trigger this problem to be generated while querying the database - and what data is in the database that caused it to not understand plain text - as in my topic title? :-? Thanks 8-D
  • »26.02.23 - 12:54
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I'm not sure where that failure to place a Quote or End-Quote was

Your original post has only two "quote" tags. One opening and one closing one.

If you remove the first, the layout problems will occur again. You are free to edit your post and test this yourself but it would be nice if you put the opening quote tag back after you are done testing.

Quote:

but does that really explain the text going 'mad'

Yes.

Quote:

All of which I cannot understand how a failure to place either an end or an opening quote mark would make such an effect on the comment

I have seen the code. I do understand exactly why it happens.

Quote:

surely would certainly not prevent me from typing a new topic into the forum to ask the questions and use the title that I have already typed in here.

This is an entirely different and unrelated issue.

Quote:

So, please will you explain why this error is generated, and in what circumstances it occurs, and are there (m)any other circumstances that this error might occur for it to trigger this problem to be generated while querying the database - and what data is in the database that caused it to not understand plain text - as in my topic title? :-? Thanks 8-D

I do know that we have received reports from users who failed to send private messages on MorphZone. Apparently, this can be caused by the use of "special" characters in the subject line of messages.

In your case, I would suspect that the use of quotes and periods in your post title could be to blame.
  • »27.02.23 - 08:18
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ ASiegel - OK Andreas, I really appreciate you taking the time to explain the issues I asked about, thanks. 8-D

However, I am still stuck with Error No. 0022, even though I have changed the title to . . .

Can the Ambient Menu of -> Snapshot Icons /Window /All have a keyboard shortcut

. . . and I have input the text in the comment to be exactly the same - just the one line of text - as above, and I still cannot generate a new topic with this title! :-(

I even tried to create the topic as . . .

Can the Ambient Menu of Snapshot Icons Window All have a keyboard shortcut

No punctuation, or highlighting, etc. in the title, and no punctuation in the body of the one same line of text in the #1 comment field, and still I get an Error No. 0022 . . . surely you cannot explain that so simply or have some reason that is easy to understand now?

I have seen the '-' hyphen , the '>' greater than, and the '/' forward slash language identifiers in many other topic headings and they do not cause any issue in a topic's title thread, so is it the topic title that has the issue or the content in the first comment field that creates the thread, or something else that is generating this Error No. 0022?

None of the text enhancements and other features of the entry I am trying to input seem to me to be contentious in such a way that they would prevent the input of this topic, unless there is some way that having them one-after-the-other causes such a problem, but nonetheless the forum mechanism seemingly just will not allow the topic I have mentioned to be created. :-?

However, I since took the words "Icons Window All"out of the title one at a time to no effect, and then all together removed all three words in that topic line of text after the word Snapshot, and then, at last, managed to create the title - so it seems that the system actually 'forbids'/Errors No. 0022 . . if there is a use of the word Icons or Windows or All . . . after the word . . . Snapshot!

Also, the '/' forward slash, and the '(' and ')' parenthesis brackets are not allowed, and maybe other punctuation as well, on the same line when the word Snapshot is in the title, or could it be the word Menu, or could it be the word Ambient - which may be related to the use of such punctuation / 'commenting' in this title field - maybe in combination with 'System' words and wording?

Whatever it is, it seems to need some better understanding by those that need to know all about such matters. Though I am glad I have at least figured out how to create the topic . . . at last! 8-)
  • »27.02.23 - 09:59
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Can the Ambient Menu of Snapshot Icons Window All have a keyboard shortcut

No punctuation, or highlighting, etc. in the title, and no punctuation in the body of the one same line of text in the #1 comment field, and still I get an Error No. 0022 . . . surely you cannot explain that so simply or have some reason that is easy to understand now?

Your title was most likely too long.

Based on a quick glance, I was unable to find any forum topic with an equally long title.

Quote:

I since took the words "Icons Window All"out of the title one at a time to no effect, and then all together removed all three words in that topic line of text after the word Snapshot, and then, at last, managed to create the title - so it seems that the system actually 'forbids'/Errors No. 0022 . . if there is a use of the word Icons or Windows or All . . . after the word . . . Snapshot!

Please see above. Removing the three words probably made your title just short enough to be accepted.

Quote:

Whatever it is, it seems to need some better understanding by those that need to know all about such matters. Though I am glad I have at least figured out how to create the topic . . . at last! 8-)

I did not write nor choose the forum software that is part of MorphZone. That said, there appear to be no character limits in the actual forum software itself.

There do appear to be some limitations that are stored in the database structure itself, which is separate from the forum code. This certainly explains the error message that points to database 'issues'. I have to say that I find "60 characters" a reasonable default limitation for titles though.
  • »27.02.23 - 12:12
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ Andreas - Your suspicions as to it merely being a 60 character limit on the topic heading, actually seems to be the governing factor as to allow the topic to pass the criteria to allow it to be created.

My suspicion that it was the 3 little words - Icons, Window, All does not seem to pass that test or be the critical factor in allowing the topic to be created, as I have now added those words to the topic title, so the 60 character limit seems to be the defining factor, as you stated, and I acknowledge your reasoning as being the correct one in this matter.

I have reduced the title topic heading to 50 characters, from what was 77 characters - which was the highest probablity of being the reason I couldn't get the topic to be accepted into the forum posts in the first place.

I did not know there was a 60 character heading limit, but now I do I will bear this in mind in any future topics I consider inputting, and I am grateful for your patience in helping me to understand and resolve this problem. Many thanks André. 8-D
  • »27.02.23 - 15:20