New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    @Mach

Does the same happen if you download and extract the new wayfarer.lha and run directly from the extracted folder? It sounds as if all of Wayfarer’s data files were missing.

I found the problem: I had only extracted the 2 visible files to the new folder, not the entire contents. Thank you!
  • »01.01.23 - 20:31
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    4.8 is now out to fix the socks proxy regression. Coincidentally, 4.7 and 4.8 appear to benefit from a recent cURL optimization enabling SSL certificate caching. This should make pages loading resources from multiple servers a lot less CPU intensive.
  • »03.01.23 - 02:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - You (and your team?) seem be constantly working on Wayfarer, and looking for aspects to improve it, which is really amazing. :-o
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »03.01.23 - 05:48
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Geez, it's incredible the amount of work that jaca and team put into this. It's really appreciated!
  • »03.01.23 - 08:19
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    @jacadcaps

Well, let me repeat your words and emphasise on this: [...] should make pages loading resources from multiple servers A LOT less CPU intensive, as I confirm that there is a HUGE difference when loading multiple tabs! Thanks a million for this new version :)

[ Edited by Cool_amigaN 03.01.2023 - 12:45 ]
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »03.01.23 - 10:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @ Cool_amigaN

Your disk I/O must be very slow if you're seeing a HUGE difference.
  • »03.01.23 - 13:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Blasterreal
    Any one open https://chat.openai.com/ with wayfarer ? My powerbook always say "Human verification" ang high CPU usage.
  • »03.01.23 - 14:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Blasterreal wrote:
    Any one open https://chat.openai.com/ with wayfarer ? My powerbook always say "Human verification" ang high CPU usage.

Cloudflare does not currently support Wayfarer. Any site protected with Cloudfare will not work.
  • »03.01.23 - 14:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    I had strange problem with Wayfarer 4.7 and 4.8. SOMETIMES I can't close Wayfarer. The application works correctly, I am able to open tabs with websites, navigate, close all tabs except the last one. But if I use "Quit" option in menu, RCmd+Q or click close button on main window of Wayfarer - there is no effect. I can't close the application.
    Debug logs are clean.

I noticed the problem three times. I am not sure but probably always in background GCC 11 was building huge project (CPU usage 100%). If I stopped the compilation, close FlowStudio, CPU usage was 0%, I still wasn't able to close the Wayfarer. After reboot Wayfarer works correctly.
  • »03.01.23 - 19:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @MDW

Next time this happens, try to see what WkWebView processes are still around.
  • »03.01.23 - 19:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    @MDW

Ok, I will check it. "Unfortunately" now everything works well (also during a compilation) and the problem is not reproducible.
  • »03.01.23 - 19:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Quote:

MDW schrieb:
    I had strange problem with Wayfarer 4.7 and 4.8. SOMETIMES I can't close Wayfarer. The application works correctly, I am able to open tabs with websites, navigate, close all tabs except the last one. But if I use "Quit" option in menu, RCmd+Q or click close button on main window of Wayfarer - there is no effect. I can't close the application. ....

I can confirm that. It happened here after playing an mp4 file inside Wayfarer.
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »04.01.23 - 21:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    I have the same problem (already since 4.5 or 4.6); it just stalls on quit. Will check the WkWebView processes next time.
  • »05.01.23 - 09:14
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Since I removed Datacache to max. 2MB this problem does'nt occour any more.

But there are serious problems in YT to play videos: Some Videos (not all!) won't start after commercial (eg. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4VoYpCsMoEo&t=613s) but works in OWB flawless.

Others (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4VoYpCsMoEo&t=613s) will break after a few seconds (especially when useing forward or backward jumps)

44981881ua.jpg

Prefs in Wayfarer are'nt changed.
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »05.01.23 - 12:03
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @Amigaharry2

Don't use Auto quality on YT and you'll be fine. I might be able to fix this, but no promises. Google does not follow MSE specs at all and does quality switching by randomly feeding you chunks from different video streams.
  • »10.01.23 - 13:19
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    I noticed some deterioration of the general speed from 4.7 to 4.8
    I have an IMAC g5 2.1 Isight
    OWB is always significantly faster in all the things I do on the various sites both in downloading files and in terms of site viewing time and page scrolling
  • »10.01.23 - 15:19
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    There have been literally no changes that would have an impact on performance between the two.
  • »10.01.23 - 15:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    @Jacad: Thank you! Will try it!
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »10.01.23 - 16:29
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    There have been literally no changes that would have an impact on performance between the two.

No I meant Before 4.7/4.8!
  • »11.01.23 - 08:52
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    I cannot really say much without you providing any data to back this claim. All prevoius versions can be downloaded from wayfarer.icu/history.
  • »11.01.23 - 16:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Wetransfer (https://wetransfer.com) has issues again: Transfer won't start. Instead CPU goes most time up to 100%.
    Worked definitive 2 weeks ago.....think, they have added too much of this background-crap on their website!
  • »12.01.23 - 20:55
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    @MDW

It occurs again. Reproduction steps are the same:

1. Start long compilation in FlowStudio with G++11 - CPU usage almost all the time is 100%.
    2. Open Wayfarer 4.8.
    3. Open morph.zone webpage.
    4. Open next tab (Cmd+T) and open exec.pl. :)
    5. Progress indication on morph.zone tab stops (about 90%) - webbage is white.
    6. Progress indicator on exec.pl is loaded, I can scroll the website.
    7. I can't close both tabs but after many many clicks on close button I closed morph.zone tab.
    8. Exec tab works normally but I can't close the Wayfarer (Cmd+Q, Quit, close gadget on the window).

On list of tasks in Scout I see:
    Code:
    Wayfarer
    WkWebView:com.apple.WebKit.CryptoQueue
    WkWebView:com.apple.WebKit.IndexedDBServer
    WkWebView:curlThread
    WkWebView:LocalStorage
    WkWebView:LocalStorage
    WkWebView:org.webkit.DataURLDecoder

If I clicked a link on webpage exec.pl, the Wayfarer crashed. I sent the crash report.
  • »25.01.23 - 16:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    @MDW

Do you have Adblock enabled? If not, would you mind enabling and trying again?

exec.pl has a boatload of Javascript trackers running in the background. Perhaps there is some relation.
  • »25.01.23 - 19:28
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    @MDW
    Do you have Adblock enabled? If not, would you mind enabling and trying again?
    exec.pl has a boatload of Javascript trackers running in the background. Perhaps there is some relation.

No, I don't use nay adblocks. The problem occurs not only on exec.pl. I often explore this webpage using Wayfarer and everything is ok. The problem occurs sometimes (very rarely) when in background CPU is extremely used.
  • »25.01.23 - 19:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

MDW wrote:
    No, I don't use nay adblocks. The problem occurs not only on exec.pl.

The Javascript trackers found on exec.pl are used by many other websites.

Quote:

I often explore this webpage using Wayfarer and everything is ok. The problem occurs sometimes (very rarely) when in background CPU is extremely used.

I perfectly understood that the issue only occurs when Wayfarer may be starved for resources.

My proposed test was intended to help figure out if the issue is related to Javascript (said ad trackers).
  • »26.01.23 - 04:50