Connecting Iris to O365/ Exchange
  • Just looking around
    coolchilli
    I'm a new MorphOS user, and keen to see how much I can use this OS as my daily driver.

Getting an email client operational is therefore key...

... Iris seems like it'll handle what I need - but I can't get it configured with any of my accounts.

What's interesting is that on my two O365 accounts, it opens Wayfarer to do an authentication and the Microsoft login box appears (just as it would if configuring email on Outlook on a PC or Mac for the first time).

However, the error I'm getting says that my Microsoft account doesn't exist. Same error for both accounts.

I'm assuming that Iris is telling Wayfarer to collect an auth token and that's how the first handshake occurs - is there a way of manually adding that token from one of my other authorised machines? Or - perhaps the URL that Wayfarer is directed to is wrong, and I can point it to somewhere else?

Or perhaps the error's cause is elsewhere? Grateful for support.
    --

MorphOS 3.17 on iBook G4 + Workbench 1.3 on CDTV
  • »13.08.22 - 13:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Don't have any Office365 accounts myself so I've only ever tried Outlook.com accounts. That said, I have logged into Azure and added a few more permissions to the Iris App configuration so do give it another try - it might just work now.

Quote:

is there a way of manually adding that token from one of my other authorised machines?

That isn't possible. It would not work since each app gets its own tokens.
  • »14.08.22 - 03:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Do let me know if you've managed to get it working. Thanks!
  • »15.08.22 - 15:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    coolchilli
    Thanks for following up on this - sorry, I took a few days away to get some writing done...

No change when adding an email account. One thing I noticed is that the URL it goes to in Iris for authentication is:

https://login.live.com/oauth20_authorize.srf

Whereas on Outlook on Windows/ Mac it goes to https://office365.outlook.com/ (or some similar URL to this from memory)...

The Microsoft login screen that says I don't exist looks identical to the one that does work on Mac/ Windows - so I'm guessing the method for authentication is similar between O365 and Live.com - but I can't seem to change the URL in the address bar, or see a setting to configure anywhere to go elsewhere for authentication...

Hope this makes sense? And thank you in advance for looking into it - I'm very grateful that there is such a committed community around this OS. I'm very much enjoying getting to grips with things :)
    --

• »15.08.22 - 20:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Ok, it does look like Iris currently talks to legacy endpoints for authorization. I’ll try to provide you with a beta version for testing tonight.

... which will need a little extra time. I was able to get new auth token flow to work but for some reason it doesn't appear to be able to login correctly for outlook.com accounts now :| Will have to keep prodding.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 16.08.2022 - 04:55 ]
  • »15.08.22 - 22:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    So yeah, looks like it'll be a while before I can fix this. Need to create a new app in Azure for Iris and certify it before they unlock all of the functionality - mostly because the existing app was created so long ago that they've changed their platform too much since then.
  • »17.08.22 - 14:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    coolchilli
    OK, thanks for keeping me posted - and sorry that I've caused you some work to do.

I'm sure lots of other MorphOS users who are O365 users will appreciate the effort though :)
    --

• »17.08.22 - 19:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Sent you a PM with a link to the test build. Let me know if it's working OK now...
  • »19.08.22 - 04:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BatteMan
    Only Jaca makes it possible ! ;-)

You're incredible mister Jacadcaps ! Thx for everything !
    Proud user of MorphOS since 2003 !
  • »19.08.22 - 11:19
    Profile Visit Website