OpenBOR build 7142 ported by BeWorld
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    beworld
    New build of OpenBOR :

https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1531887

Add OPENGL support
    IMac G5 2.1,PowerBook G4 1.5,MacMini 1.5, PowerMac G5 2.7 died !!!
    My MOS ports
  • »12.01.21 - 07:21
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    Hey, I 'd like to inform you that latest OpenBor works great with He-Man. Just download the game, unpack zip and copy .pak to PAK drawer of OpenBor.

Caution: You may need to hit joystick button to skip the intro because it displays the original cartoon intro and it's too dark plus it has extremely low frame rate.

Many late PC standalone OpenBor games (mods), use custom OpenBor versions but this one works great!

[ Edited by Cool_amigaN 17.07.2022 - 15:02 ]
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »17.07.22 - 12:01
    Profile Visit Website
    beworld
    Nice game !
    Thanks Cool_amigaN
    My MOS ports
  • »17.07.22 - 13:39
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    Glad you enjoyed my above proposal, so here's another one: Super Final Fight Gold Plus has been recently (2022) updated (original release 2016). Not as original as He-Man posted previously but it features beautiful recoloured palette, multiple ingame paths, a gazillion of playable characters (along with their special moves), maps drawn from all Final Fight games/platforms and it's a prime example of OpenBOR scripting language since it's been developed by the legendary OpenBOR modder Pierwolf (with the coopeation of Don Drago). Runs 100% smooth on a G4 1.6Ghz with latest OpenBOR from BeWorld. So, get ready to beat some Andores with the special moves of Ken, Ruy, Chun Li and rest of SF crew or with the help of original Final Fight characters. Highly recommended :)
  • »01.08.22 - 21:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hi Cool_amigaN,

just launched on my G5 but have just sound...any ideas please ?

[EDIT] Seem there is a problem with new TinyGL... I have pictures with old TinyGL drivers...

[ Edité par Papiosaur 07.08.2022 - 09:27 ]
  • »06.08.22 - 13:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Quote:

Papiosaur schrieb:
    @Cool_amigaN,

i have uploaded this version

https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1786135

Maybe more graphics...

Link is empty....
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »08.08.22 - 07:00
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    Quote:

Papiosaur escribió:
    Hi Primax,

sorry i have changed the name of the archive and the link has changed:

https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1786538

One question this game with OpenBor is a special version to runs the game or I can donwload the Bor game in the official site?
  • »08.08.22 - 09:23
    Cool_amigaN
    Thanks Papi! Think we can isolate the creme de la creme of compatible OpenBOR games. Between 2010-2016 I had a collection of 8.5GB which about 5.6GB worked on MorphOS. I am not highlighting in this thread the first generation mod gems such as: Crime Buster, Ryth of Destruction, Golden Axe Legacy or Tale of Vengeance,since I am assuming most people must be aware of those, only newly or heavily updated versions which I had first tested/completed. So, here's another one:

World Heroes Supreme Justice Extra Bootleg is a newly revised version (2022) of the originally developed in 2012 by a fellow Greek modder, released next year and further updated in 2018 mod. This is the only World Heroes mod available on OpenBOR. The new update features 4players co-op (instead of2), Rush mode (the most attractive imo) and greater enemies variation. Takes about 45 min. to finish. Big sprites (on the likes of Fightin' Spirit), frenzy paced and cool sound effects, be sure not to miss it! Extract PAK from the windows build, here.
  • »08.08.22 - 13:10
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    Streets of Rage 2X, is really the Streets of Rage mod that ends them all! Incredible graphics, amazing ambient visual effects, pumped up soundtrack and sound effects along with a cheesy gameplay, including multiple paths and stages from many SOR games. Originally developed around 2018 if I recall correctly, released about a year - a year and a half ago, it continues to be improved (latest commit about half month ago).
    With our OpenBOR latest version however you need to: 1) Skip the intro (same like He-Man), 2) Remap the Special attack button (seems to be bound with some debug mode) and 3) Upon Game Over (if zero credits are reached or player chooses to "end game" during gameplay) it quits. Other than these quirks, game is 100% playable and full.
    Extract PAK from Windows build, here (big game, almost 300MB). An absolutely astonishing game nonetheless!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Rescue Palooza is somewhat compatible. Plays ok but you can't choose to enter at least 3 maps, hence the game cannot be completed, which is a big bummer given that basically this mod is probably the second best TMNT game of all times after the recent commercial hit "Shredder's Revenge" :/

@BeWorld, dude can you check what's wrong with the video format on He-Man and SOR2X mod during intros? Are we missing some video codec or something?
  • »08.08.22 - 13:43
    Profile Visit Website
    beworld
    Not sur why video is slow....,
    you OpenBOR use OpenGL or SDL renderer ?
    Maybe with futur tinygl, i can try to rebuild with shaders support / YUV.
    My MOS ports
  • »08.08.22 - 14:17
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    Using OpenGL renderer BeWorld. Not just that is slow, but colors are off too (has a black/red shadow all over the place). Yeah, once new tinygl is up, pls make a new test version so we can check if that was the case :)

In the meantime, Golden Axe Myth has been recently (2019) ported to newer versions of OpenBOR (ours as well). This is a very old mod (started in 2011, completed in 2013) which feaures hand-drawn graphics. It used to be incompatible in the past but now it works. Not my cup of tea though and don't really recommend it but, in case anyone wants to playtest it, you can find it only in archive.org, here. Extract pak as usual :)
  • »08.08.22 - 14:41
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    Quote:

Papiosaur escribió:
    Hi Templario,

You can of course download .pak from official website and add to a OpenBor installation.

If you can give me an official website, i take it please to add to storage, thanks ;-)

Well it is eaasy but also complicated I have donwloaded some OperBor games from official siite, but some authors put linnk to external depots, or for limit time, now I trying to follow the new OpenBor projects like the Sly spy and others.
  • »08.08.22 - 15:09
    Cool_amigaN
    Quote:

Templario wrote:
    Quote:

Papiosaur escribió:
    Hi Primax,

sorry i have changed the name of the archive and the link has changed:

https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1786538

One question this game with OpenBor is a special version to runs the game or I can donwload the Bor game in the official site?

Imo, just download it from morphos-storage the way it is. With openbor mods you never know when they break, where can be found (from google drive, to mediafire, gamejolt and official chronocrash download resource section) and/or if newer ported engine versions or enhanced/updated mod packs might result to incompatibilities (especially the latter is true to our platform given the extremely long time we had to wait till someone - BeWorld - started to take care of OpenBOR port again).

Anyway, especially for "Super Final Fight Gold Plus"my posted link above think was hunt and cross posted from development thread over at chronocrash and was the latest version available.
  • »08.08.22 - 15:52
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    For example the newest Silver Night's Crusaders doesn't work with OpenBor's MorphOS.
    You can download from here:
    https://trueroledreams.org/games/snc/index.php?cod_idioma=1
  • »09.08.22 - 09:13
    Cool_amigaN
    No, that works, I have playtested it just yesterday late evening. Think you need to download the Android version. Anyway, working latest version (1.5 - was released just 3 days ago) can be found, here. Only the pause menu doesn't appear while ingame (pause/end game), though that works too (just navigate up/down and hit select). I have reached level 3. Perhaps another case for Papi to upload imo, 'cause you never know when it will be break or which version might be compatible. Great quality game by the way, with original story and great graphics.

On the other hand, the famous A Tale of Vengeance has color distortion on some enemies' color palette with latest OpenBOR version but works great with the old one.
  • »09.08.22 - 10:24
    Profile Visit Website
    beworld
    Have you test other version of OpenBOR, in this archive you can find OpenBOR 6391 : https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1669264
    Maybe ?!
    My MOS ports
  • »09.08.22 - 10:46
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN escribió:
    No, that works, I have playtested it just yesterday late evening. Think you need to download the Android version. Anyway, working latest version (1.5 - was released just 3 days ago) can be found, here. Only the pause menu doesn't appear while ingame (pause/end game), though that works too (just navigate up/down and hit select). I have reached level 3. Perhaps another case for Papi to upload imo, 'cause you never know when it will be break or which version might be compatible. Great quality game by the way, with original story and great graphics.

On the other hand, the famous A Tale of Vengeance has color distortion on some enemies' color palette with latest OpenBOR version but works great with the old one.

I donwloaded the Android version because it has the pak file, but only shows a black screen with songs and sounds.
  • »09.08.22 - 15:09
    Templario
    Quote:

beworld escribió:
    Have you test other version of OpenBOR, in this archive you can find OpenBOR 6391 : https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1669264
    Maybe ?!

If the question is for me I tested with the last version of OpenBor even the version with wide screen, but the same result a black screen with music and sounds, you don't worry with some games we have this problem.
  • »09.08.22 - 15:11
    Cool_amigaN
    Unfortunately Final Fight - Revival of Rage is incompatible: tested wit latest OpenBOR and after 1st Boss, game doesn't progress (also, end game selection from pause menu doesn't work), with version 6391 it produces heavy artifacts (plus some debug info all around the screen) while with old OpenBOR version it doesn't even load and quits immediately. Well, we can rule this out.

@Templario

Sounds like you have installed latest beta tinygl from Mark? If so, you need the fix which can be found here.

[ Edited by Cool_amigaN 10.08.2022 - 23:08 ]
  • »10.08.22 - 20:07
    Profile Visit Website