Biotronic.pl closed?
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    This is the big question this MorphOS and Amiga plublisher has closed his web store and Facebook, and now we will impossible to buy the third book about our system or about the Amiga and programs, if he closed his editorial it is a great loss for the Amiga microcosms.
  • »19.11.21 - 09:24
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Bitronic.pl (which once was Amiga.net.pl) is now RetroGuide.pl.
  • »19.11.21 - 12:38
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Zetec-s
    Interesting. Does anyone trust that this site will stay up?

I've got a printed copy of Volume 1 of the MorphOS books and also the AmigaOS 4.1 emulation book and I like them, but I've heard of people not getting their orders.

I've also got ebook copies of these and one of the other books and never had an issue with them.
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5Ghz/2GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Powerbook 1.67Ghz/1.5GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    MacMini 1.5Ghz/1GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Efika 5200B 400Mhz/128MB MorphOS 2.3 Registered
  • »19.11.21 - 14:22
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    We can only guess that Adam has some personal problems and thus cannot keep the store (and his publishing house) anymore. The situation is worse for the subscribers of his printed magazines, as they now doubt they will get the issues they've already paid for and some game developers (claiming they got no money from the distribution of their software).

Many people tried to contact him but reportedly failed.
  • »20.11.21 - 08:10
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Small update:

Adam has published a short explanation and apology on eXec.pl portal.
    He says he was forced to stop his work both because of his health problems and because his associates decided to end the cooperation. He's gathering all his work and he's planning to publish it all online for free as a digital download. Adam also claims that he'll try to fulfill all of his obligations (an info for the buyers and subscribers, I guess).

Anyway, here's a full text (I've translated it for you):

Quote:

I feel obliged to write you a few words of explanation in connection with this situation. First of all, the most important thing: my withdrawal from the activity is dictated by personal reasons and the state of my health, which does not allow me to continue actively working on creating new content.

It was never my intention to stop working at this stage, especially without announcement. The Amiga and other computers have been my passion since childhood and I wanted to continue this topic as long as it was of interest to you. In many cases I did this even at the expense of other spheres of life.

However, my activities have always, and especially after 2012, been heavily dependent on collaborators. To put it simply: AIBB and A2 (regardless of the changing domain names) have never been solely my business. I organized and oversaw the work, created content, but many of the technical decisions related to day-to-day operations were out of my hands. Currently, I am not able to continue working in this form, and those responsible for organizational matters (including hosting, online contacts, and continued operation of Bitronic.pl) have decided to end our cooperation.

Therefore, at the moment the archived books and magazines are collected on a separate site Retro Guide. In the coming days digital editions of the books will also be made available for free. After that the site will be filled with other retro computer related material. The goal is to collect all my publications in one place, including foreign language versions. As I have written many times, this knowledge must not be forgotten.

I am aware of my remaining obligations and will try to fulfill them with a delay or in a slightly different form than intended. If my health permits, I will return to previous projects in 2022 and continue to develop them. However, I no longer plan to be fully commercial. Most of the content will be available for free or only for the price of covering costs. I will also not engage in discussion forums and social networking sites.

I hope you will accept this form of explanation on my part. I am currently trying to return to a state that allows me to continue working. I will get back to you as soon as my situation permits and will provide more information then. I apologize to everyone who has been disappointed. At the same time I would like to send you all my best wishes for the upcoming Christmas. It will be Christmas Eve in a month. May this time be filled with joy and may the New Year be better both for our platform and for us personally. Best of health.
  • »24.11.21 - 13:31
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

koszer wrote:

Quote:

Therefore, at the moment the archived books and magazines are collected on a separate site Retro Guide. In the coming days digital editions of the books will also be made available for free. After that the site will be filled with other retro computer related material. The goal is to collect all my publications in one place, including foreign language versions. As I have written many times, this knowledge must not be forgotten.

This is a nice sentiment.

I wonder if he would be open to allow the import of his books into the MorphOS Library. He would be given proper credit as the original author (including a link to his website) but this would allow the community to collaborate in order to keep the knowledge up to date.
  • »24.11.21 - 16:17
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    Humm, I was wating for printer book of MorphOS Volume Three also buy some magazine printed and soem book, we wait Adam will better health and he will cans publisher the book with other editorial.
    Thank you koszer for your investigation about Adam.
  • »24.11.21 - 17:54
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    Thanks for the info! But it is very sad situation, so many pre-orders for games and none payment to the Worthy developers (over 2k Euros outstanding)... I payed 50UEuro pre-order myself with no information and looks like all is lost :/
    MacMiniG4 MOS 3.18 rulez ... For music check: Horrordelic Records - Dark Psychedelic Music Since 2011 -
  • »27.11.21 - 12:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    One quick question/request:

Does anyone have the digital (PDF) version of "Amiga NG" magazine issue 5 or 6 (the English versions of these ones)? If so please contact the editors (through Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MagazynAmigaNG) or e-mail). The "Amiga NG" printed magazine team is currently switching to a different publisher for its issue #11 but would like to upload the previous issues for free. It seems that Adam doesn't have the access to the English versions anymore, hence the request.
  • »09.12.21 - 11:54
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    There are news regarding the release of pdfs
    I would be very interested in the ones on MORPHOS
    I didn't have time to buy the book
    Would someone who may have the book be so kind to let the COMMUNITY download the PDF version?
  • »11.12.21 - 11:20
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

cip060 wrote:
    There are news regarding the release of pdfs
    I would be very interested in the ones on MORPHOS
    I didn't have time to buy the book
    Would someone who may have the book be so kind to let the COMMUNITY download the PDF version?

You can download all the books as pdf for free at https://retroguide.pl/. For now only in Polish, but the English versions should be "coming soon".
  • »11.12.21 - 20:00
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    We hope they will be released soon
  • »13.12.21 - 16:29
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    ANY NEWS for free pdf ENGLISH ?
  • »23.12.21 - 13:35
  • rob
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    rob
    APC & TCP are now selling a boxed 3 pack containing Lumberjack Revision, Pong4b & Jump Besi Jump for €15.

https://www.amigashop.org/product_info.php?products_id=349

They should be a reliable publisher for devs wishing to get boxed editions out.
  • »27.12.21 - 10:54
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    ANY NEWS for free pdf ENGLISH ?
  • »10.01.22 - 18:39
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Zetec-s
    I don't want to create any copywrite issues, but I do have PDF copies of the following in English;

MorphOS Volume One (I've also got it in hard back)
    AmigaOS4.1 Emulation (which I have in hard back as well)
    AmigaOS4 Every Day

If it gets to a point where we know they can be stored somewhere I would be happy to upload.
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5Ghz/2GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Powerbook 1.67Ghz/1.5GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    MacMini 1.5Ghz/1GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Efika 5200B 400Mhz/128MB MorphOS 2.3 Registered
  • »13.01.22 - 09:53
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    Any news ?
  • »22.02.22 - 22:32
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    Anywhere to still buy these hardback books new or slightly used?
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »23.02.22 - 04:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    https://retroguide.pl/ seems down?
  • »23.02.22 - 10:39
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

MoerBoer wrote:
    https://retroguide.pl/ seems down?

Yep, the domain expired. Seems that Adam forgot (?) to pay for it and disappeared once again (this time for good?).

The issues of Amigazyn (Polish language only) have been mirrored on eXec.pl site (here you can find the magazine and here - ISO images of its CoverCDs).
  • »23.02.22 - 12:37
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    I was looking for the english version of morphos volume 2 and 3
    Can anyone pass it on to me?
  • »23.02.22 - 19:38
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    any news I was looking for the english version of morphos volume 2 and 3
    Can anyone pass it on to me?