Cross compiling for MorphOS
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    I'm making a second attempt at this thread, since the first one got lost in the MZ data loss :)

I've released a new version 1.11 of setup-cross-sdk.sh script for setting up a MorphOS cross compilation environment on Unix-like systems. I'm mainly testing on Debian/Linux, but it should work fine on other Linux distributions, probably and BSD variant, possibly on Cygwin and so on. If you try it on some system and it doesn't work for you, please post a reply in this thread with details!

For those who just want to get started and don't care about building everything themselves, I've also created a Debian package of the May 2023 MorphOS SDK for Debian 12 (aka Bookworm) and Debian 11 (aka Bullseye) on AMD64. It probably also works on other Debian-derived Linux distributions such as Ubuntu. You can download and install it by running the following two commands as root (or with sudo, if you prefer):

Code:
    wget 'https://bigfoot.morphos-team.net/test/morphos-sdk_20230510-1_amd64.deb'
    apt-get install ./morphos-sdk_20230510-1_amd64.deb

Alternatively you can just download and install it with you favourite package manager GUI frontend.

Older SDKs are still available too:
    March 2022
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »06.04.22 - 10:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChrisH
    Thanks, this pre-built version is very helpful!
    Author of the PortablE programming language.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue...
  • »03.09.22 - 15:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    beworld
    @bigfoot have you create new release of this package (with last SDK) ? thanks
    IMac G5 2.1,PowerBook G4 1.5,MacMini 1.5, PowerMac G5 2.7 died !!!
    My MOS ports
  • »02.08.23 - 15:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

beworld wrote:
    @bigfoot have you create new release of this package (with last SDK) ? thanks

I've updated the original post of this thread to link to a freshly built Debian package of the May 2023 SDK now. However, I haven't had time to properly test it, but it should work fine. If you do encounter any problems, please let me know.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »05.08.23 - 08:52
    Profile Visit Website
    beworld
    Nice thanks you
    My MOS ports
  • »05.08.23 - 17:19
    Profile Visit Website
    beworld
    Just test it on my Debian 11 to upgrade my old SDk :

https://ibb.co/sPt5Zhd

I have an error on user "_apt", i connect with "su", root user

Any idea ? thanks
    My MOS ports
  • »05.08.23 - 20:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    I think that's just a warning, rather than an error. You can just ignore it, it's fine.
  • »05.08.23 - 20:36
    Profile Visit Website
    beworld
    @bigfoot indeed, it's working, thanks you again
    My MOS ports
  • »06.08.23 - 06:19
    Profile Visit Website