E-UAE USB (usb-stick) path is it possible to do this?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    With E-UAE I was wondering if it is possible to specify the path of a USB-stick instead of a directory or a .hdf
    having taken a 128gb pendrive it would be convenient for me to unpack with the (windows pc via winuae) that I use the entire collections of demo-scenes.
    Always after having first divided the 128gb stick into several partitions in order to let Morphos recognize it.

If possible what would be the command line to enter in E-UAE with Morphos to point to the USB stick?
    Thanks to everyone for any suggestion. :-)

[ Edited by white 20.01.2022 - 16:12 ]
  • »20.01.22 - 16:11
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Ok it seems to work fine
    this gives me direct access to the usb-stick
    where can I run the demo-scenes

without complicating things as a shell:
    cd UMSD0:

filesystem = rw, DEMO: UMSD0: DEMO

in this case I used the workbench installed in the Morphos partition as a base system with:
    hardfile = read-write, 32,1,2,512, PROGDIR: Hardfiles / hd-disk39.hdf

so that the main system is on Morphos and the collection of demo-scenes on the usb-stick in this case only pointing to the directory of the Demo-scenes without formatting it with a proprietary filesystem.

The purpose is that so it is useless to take further steps to install a proprietary filesystem.

only the problem of the large size of the demo-scenes remains (being gigabytes of data)
    so I will probably have to break them down into small groups so that viewing is quick when opening a directory.

the test I did it on an 8gigabyte usb-stick.

any suggestions are always appreciated.
    Thank you :-)

[ Edited by white 22.01.2022 - 13:38 ]
  • »21.01.22 - 10:55
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    Be puoi fare partizioni in base alla lettera in ordine alfabetico
    So che con il filesystem ICE puoi avere partizoini da oltre 4 giga
    A parte che creando cartelle/partizioni in ordine alfabetico dubito che cosi occuperanno piu di TOT giga per partizione/cartella
  • »21.01.22 - 11:34
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @cip060,

Hello I'm glad to hear from you,
    in this case I used a fat32 usb-stick to simply access the Demo-scene folders that I placed in small groups of the demo-scene.

The problem with working in this way comes from the fact that it is practically a very long job to do it with Morphos to decompress all the demo-scene archives.

We are talking about over 40-50 gigabytes I don't remember well.
    Doing it with the "PC" takes little time to decompress and divide the folders quickly.
    To have them ready to use with E-UAE by inserting the usb-stick and have everything ready for E-UAE.

The new pen supports USB 3.2 Gen1 and is very fast with the PC.
    Obviously with Morphos I can't have this speed but instead it is useful for doing everything very quickly on the PC side.
    The one I will have to use is 128 gigabytes and allows me to have all the demos on a simple USB stick.

Moreover it is very convenient to make a backup on the "PC" side of all the demo-scenes with the image of the USB-stick so as not to redo all the work from scratch because it is very boring to have to do it all over again.

[ Edited by white 21.01.2022 - 17:31 ]
  • »21.01.22 - 13:25