Capture card test works
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Capture card test works
    I tried with the video capture card I have available
    it's cheap I got it used for 27 euros :-)
    it works perfectly
    I had to use a few little tricks to get it to work in conjunction with the OBS software.
    It currently runs at 1920x1080 60fps

The only problem is that I would have to take a small cable to capture the audio as well.
    So the current problem is finding an audio cable to plug into the Powerbook's (headphone) audio output that allows me to connect directly to the capture card and it should work just fine.
    So as to capture the audio as well.
    Currently I have no idea what I should buy should cost a few euros :-)

the method is a bit cumbersome but it works as soon as I can do everything, maybe I write a few lines to explain the steps.

here the quality of the video seems excellent to me with only 27 euros spent. new costs 49 euros:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaYCXnr4JUI

what audio cable could I buy for the powerbook to connect it to the powerbook headphone output and which therefore has a "jack" to be put in the acquisition card?
    Thank you.

[ Edited by white 10.07.2021 - 21:56 ]
  • »10.07.21 - 19:49
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    That's quite decent quality indeed!

As for cables: your monitors might have come with an audio cable with a jack on both ends - it'd check your boxes.
  • »10.07.21 - 20:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @jacadcaps
    Thanks for the reply.
    unfortunately my monitor does not have internal speakers and I cannot test it in this way.
    but the problem lies in the powerbook at least I think
    I just need to find a "male" to "male" audio cable and everything should work if they exist built I'm not familiar with these types of cables.

The quality of the video surprised me I used a simple compression in reality the quality is the same as the original if I directly use the nvidia codec with OBS.
    But I was focused on how to make it work :-)

I just wanted to add that oddly enough for it to work I had to do it like this:
    i first connected the powerbook with the dvi-hdmi cable to the main monitor
    I chose Mob.1 as the video output
    then i disconnected the dvi-hdmi cable from the main monitor
    and I connected it to the "VIDEO IN" capture card
    and I used the TV with HDMI output as a "bridge"
    Then work again on the main monitor with OBS
    and everything works.

If I do not carry out these steps, the acquisition card does not recognize any signal with Morphos.

But now it works :-)
    I'm glad I hope to find a simple audio cable that will allow me to acquire audio as well.
    Sorry for the somewhat chaotic explanation :-)
    Maybe it's useful for improving this aspect.

the card is this:
    https://www.amazon.it/PTN-Acquisizione-Dispositivo-Registrazione-Videoconference/dp/B08MJ9VDQP

it is working on my powerbook you can see where I should connect the audio of the powerbook to capture the audio

an audio cable similar to this should solve the audio problem, I hope :-)

https://www.amazon.it/NanoCable-10-24-0101-stereo-M-JACK-maschio-maschio/dp/B00CI39F9O/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=cavetto+audio&qid=1625950650&s=electronics&sr=1-7

[ Edited by white 10.07.2021 - 23:01 ]
  • »10.07.21 - 20:31
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I had a male to male audio jack cable in the house unfortunately it does not work the audio is not captured.
    strangely if I insert the male jack on the powerbook
    and on the video capture I put it on the microphone the audio is captured but the sound is obviously not perfect.
    I also tried other ways with external speakers etc. but the sound is still not heard.
    For the moment I'll stop here.
    It doesn't matter in the end, but I would have liked to do some videos on Morphos.
    I thought audio wouldn't be a problem :-)
    Maybe maybe I'll try some other solution in the next few days.
    Maybe someone has some ideas
    Thank you.
  • »10.07.21 - 22:48
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

white wrote:
    Maybe someone has some ideas
    Thank you.

Connect the PowerBook audio out to PC audio in and capture the sound separately (e.g. via Audacity). Later you can synchronize the audio during postprocessing.
  • »11.07.21 - 07:28
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    Setting ahi to filesave doesn't work?
  • »11.07.21 - 10:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @koszer
    @zukow
    Thanks for the tips,
    I will certainly do some tests with the methods you have advised me.

For the purposes of its use morphos is perfect.
    And probably making videos is not very important but this is a small solution for capturing videos and I like to do it.
    Well I just have to place the powerbook somewhere on the desk and find its right space :-)
    I will have removed the cables dozens of times for testing and rebooted many times.
    the powerbook seems to resist :-)
    here the audio quality with the audio captured with the microphone.
    I think it is acceptable for its uses, I probably have to perhaps reduce the hiss of the microphone via Morphos in some way or decrease the maximum volume of the microphone to attenuate the hiss.
    I have not yet fully become familiar with the system.
    here the capture card with the audio captured through the powerbook microphone attached to the capture card.

Taking into account the low costs it seems to me a good solution
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk4HKMgmb6U
  • »11.07.21 - 15:20
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Today I finally ordered my key
    Thanks again for your work!!.
    I really hope the Powerbook can last a long time :-)
    until now I have always used it simply so on the fly without placing it given the little space I have available.
    At least the purchase of the key encourages me to use it daily :-)

Returning to the audio for the capture card
    when i record i am unable to hear audio
    I saw this cable on Amazon

https://www.amazon.it/SUCESO-Microfono-Adattatore-Sdoppiatore-Smartphone/dp/B07K47JRJ9/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=Jack+Cavo+Doppio+Stereo+splitter+microfono&qid=1626091298&sr=8-5

Should this allow me to split the audio and also hear the audio while recording the videos?

Thanks for any suggestions.

[ Edited by white 12.07.2021 - 14:03 ]
  • »12.07.21 - 11:56
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Thanks to all the Morphos Team, the key arrived after a few minutes :-)
  • »12.07.21 - 12:54
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I'm not an expert in jack cables,
    but reading it seems that the cables with 3 black circles is for the microphone
    while with 2 black circles for the speakers
    what I currently use at 3 black circles
    this is probably why the audio is not captured with the capture card with the jack.
    I will do other tests as soon as I take the jack cable with 2 black lines.
    Let's hope :-)
  • »12.07.21 - 13:03
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    Paolo basta collegare uscita audio mac(presa cuffie )in entrata scheda madre pc o entrata scheda acquisizione se e' disponibile la presa poi gestisci audio in entrata sulla scheda madre dal pc

Paolo just connect the mac audio output (headphone socket) to the pc motherboard input or acquisition card input if the socket is available then manage audio input on the motherboard from the pc

Paolo contact me privately (in Italian !!) for these problems I have been tinkering with these things for 40 years

Paolo contattami in privato (in italiano!!)per questi problemi io ci smanetto da 40 anni con queste cose
  • »13.07.21 - 09:14
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Perfect, I did it :-)
    Now everything works perfectly.
    The audio is perfect.
    I bought some cables for testing
    In summary you need:
    1 jack cable (splitter) composed of 2 females and 1 male
    this is used to hear the audio while it is being recorded using headphones or external speakers very comfortable and practical.
    1 male jack cable to directly connect the audio output to the audio-IN port of the PC in use.
    And enable in this case on windows 10 audio mixer.
    Then there are the settings to be made in OBS
    I won't go into unnecessary explanations but in summary it works perfectly with Morphos for those who want to record videos.

Here is the final result, I am very happy with the result
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrCRXX3Hl3Y

@cip060
    Thanks,for the tip and it was very helpful I added a splitter for ease of use.

[ Edited by white 13.07.2021 - 15:45 ]
  • »13.07.21 - 13:12
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I bought a new capture card for personal needs.
    But also thinking about morphos that I am always enthusiastic about :-)

i bought avermedia plus 2 model
    and I tried to make some videos it works perfectly.
    In some cases it does not lock some demos and unfortunately E-UAE works on frequencies it cannot lock.
    Including aliens vs predator
    Otherwise it works fine taking into account that I still use 52.34 drivers for HDMI compatibility
    But in summary it is really good you can use it in most cases.
    Who knows if anyone among you chooses it and maybe improves the drivers :-)
    (It would be nice if some developer maybe buy it)
    And comfortable works with OSB and similar programs but also simply recording with a simple button.
    The quality of the videos seems very high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCcrtHm1enk

Thanks as always for your work.
  • »07.10.21 - 22:40
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Great quality! :-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »08.10.21 - 06:29
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Puni
    @white

Tried accessing your YouTube-channel today, but sadly got an error message saying the channel is closed. Have you uploaded them somewhere else? Hope all is well.

I want to record MorphOS videos for my blog and YouTube-channel, so thinking of buying the Avermedia Plus 2 model to use with the Mac Mini G4. :) Have anyone else tried this device with MorphOS?

[ Edited by Puni 28.11.2021 - 08:44 ]
    Member of Void - An Amiga demo group (website)
  • »28.11.21 - 08:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @Puni
    Hi,
    Thanks for your interest,
    I have decided to close the channel for personal reasons.
    As soon as I have time I will dedicate a channel only to Morphos.

For AverMedia plus 2 I can recommend the purchase with your eyes closed
    you have to take into account that it uses hdmi inputs and outputs.
    so make sure your system supports hdmi.
    I also tested AverMedia plus 2 with ps5 and nintendo switch and it works flawlessly.
    All you need is a 128gb class 10 sd-card (no higher)
    To record without problems directly with AverMedia without using, for example, OBS is an access PC even if it works perfectly even via software.
    In addition, proprietary software is also provided for download on the AverMedia website. (Although I prefer to use OBS).
    The device is equipped with 3 buttons that have these functions:
    1) capture without pc
    2) capture with software
    3) the device becomes an SD card reader to move the recorded video directly to the PC without the need to purchase anything else.

The connections are very simple to do even for the audio you just need to connect the audio output of Morphos to AverMedia and the audio stream is recorded without problems.
    (The audio cable costs 2 euros with male-male outputs for Morphos)

Please note that the full screen Demo-Scenes will not be captured but only if used on the Morphos desktop in the window and so also for E-UAE and some games like Quake 2.
    For everything else I recommend it.

Maybe you gave me an idea the first video dedicated to Morphos I do it right on the use of AverMedia and on how to capture the videos and the assembly of the cables up to the recording of the videos.

I bought it on Amazon with damaged packaging in this way I saved 60 euros.
    A greeting and thanks for your interest. :-)
  • »28.11.21 - 20:29
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Puni
    Hi White,

Thanks for the helpful information concerning recording with the AverMedia! :-)

Was a bit worried when I noticed your YouTube-channel was down, so glad to hear you will be back with a new channel focusing on MorphOS. Will definitely subscribe to that one. ;-)

Yes, that is a good idea! Would be a very helpful video for me, and I'm sure quite a few others as well.

I'll start looking for a good deal on the AverMedia here. Eager to get started with making MorphOS related videos.
    Member of Void - An Amiga demo group (website)
  • »30.11.21 - 19:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    Quote:

white schrieb:
    I bought a new capture card for personal needs.
    But also thinking about morphos that I am always enthusiastic about :-)

i bought avermedia plus 2 model
    and I tried to make some videos it works perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCcrtHm1enk

Thanks as always for your work.

So I got hold of an AverMedia Plus 2 model as well and gave it a go with the external DVI link of my 15" PowerBook. While it decodes 1080p and 2160p modes from the DDC data provided by the AverMedia Plus, UHD simply won't work due to the different encoding of the HDMI UHD link and the DVI2HDMI converter. 1080p seems to work fine as a passthrough, though.

Still need to test the actual recording but it seems like a decent, affordable PC-free solution to record video.
  • »15.01.22 - 15:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @cyfm
    Hi,
    I'm happy,
    That you are enjoying yourself,

I don't know which word to use only when you will use e-uae in full screen or you want to view the demo-scenes and some games, in full screen you will not be able to capture them.
    I hope that you and the team will somehow be able to adapt "Morphos drivers"
    to this need, this would make AverMedia an excellent tool for capturing everything that passes on the screen.
    But I am not able to talk about this.

I also add that I am still using the "old Morphos" drivers with the PowerBook for hdmi compatibility.
    Because the latest drivers are not able to hook the hdmi signal from the first boot (boot with the butterfly)
    I also take this opportunity to say that I have two hdmi cables that I use with Morphos
    Completely different from each other with different PINs despite this
    the old drivers run both cables without any problems.
    With 52.34 drivers if I remember correctly

If I can give you a little suggestion maybe you haven't tried,
    For example, I use a monitor with USB sockets and I am able to power AverMedia.
    But if you also use a switched off PC, Avermedia will be powered without problems.

For example using the PS5 I solved the speaker problem, simply using AverMedia and using the audio output to use the external speakers.
    Instead of buying PS5 adapters for external speakers.
    I would also note that the product does not heat up absolutely even after hours of use.
  • »15.01.22 - 19:27
  • MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    Quote:

white schrieb:
    @cyfm

I don't know which word to use only when you will use e-uae in full screen or you want to view the demo-scenes and some games, in full screen you will not be able to capture them.

I also add that I am still using the "old Morphos" drivers with the PowerBook for hdmi compatibility.
    Because the latest drivers are not able to hook the hdmi signal from the first boot (boot with the butterfly)
    I also take this opportunity to say that I have two hdmi cables that I use with Morphos
    Completely different from each other with different PINs despite this
    the old drivers run both cables without any problems.
    With 52.34 drivers if I remember correctly

AverMedia is only able to capture standard HDMI resolutions like 720p/1080p - UHD won't work with legacy DVI-out graphics cards due to the nature of the incompatible DVI output converted to HDMI. It could possibly be achieved to have fixed resolutions and do the scaling for lower resolutions by the driver in order to get demos and e-uae to work better.
    It is not very likely that this is going to happen for the next MorphOS update, though.
    I had no problems with my HDMI cables whatsoever. I used the cable provided by AverMedia to connect to the HDMI-in - with some DVI2HDMI converter of course - and my usual HDMI cable which I connected to the output of the device.
  • »16.01.22 - 11:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @cyfm
    Thanks, that would be really very nice
    have a driver as you described in the future for e-uae demo etc.

But you can also capture the demos and use e-uae in full screen with AverMedia with your adapter?
    or not?
    Thank you.

Separate note:

the hdmi cable i am referring to:
    it is the (dvi to hdmi) that I use from the powerbook to the monitor
    if I don't use the 52.34 drivers the signal is not locked correctly
    I had reported this problem with the latest drivers some time ago.
    Using the 52.34 drivers the powerbook has no problem displaying anything and works fine.
    The screen just stays black on the PowerBook and everything is displayed correctly on the monitor.
    While with the latest drivers the PowerBook screen becomes completely unreadable with the image completely distorted and the feeling is that the graphics card must break at any moment and the resolutions on the external monitor are completely wrong with many applications.

[ Edited by white 16.01.2022 - 15:33 ]
  • »16.01.22 - 12:24
  • MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    Quote:

white schrieb:

Using the 52.34 drivers the powerbook has no problem displaying anything and works fine.
    The screen just stays black on the PowerBook and everything is displayed correctly on the monitor.
    While with the latest drivers the PowerBook screen becomes completely unreadable with the image completely distorted and the feeling is that the graphics card must break at any moment and the resolutions on the external monitor are completely wrong with many applications.

[ Edited by white 16.01.2022 - 15:33 ]

But you are closing the display lid while booting to keep the internal screen black, right ?
    The newer drivers try to use the external output as a 2nd screen. 52.34 did not have any kind of support for this and only used a single display and/or mirrored it to the external output.
  • »16.01.22 - 14:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @cyfm
    I keep the lid closed on startup.
    I had reported the above problem to the author of the drivers some time ago.

Here is his answer of August 24, 2021: (Frank)
    thanks for info. We indeed already received a report in the past that the behavior changed in MorphOS 3.12 once the lid is closed and the output is redirected to an external monitor. The monitor just stays black then.

I will look into that again and will get back to you once there is something ready to try. The problem is related to the added multiscreen support in MorphOS 3.12.

[ Edited by white 16.01.2022 - 16:18 ]
  • »16.01.22 - 15:17
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > @cyfm […]
    > I had reported the above problem to the author of the drivers
    > some time ago. Here is his answer of August 24, 2021: (Frank) […]

I have a suspicion that cyfm is quite aware of Frank's answer ;-)
  • »16.01.22 - 17:42
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @Andreas_Wolf

Hi,
    I suspect it is the same person I had it too, but it's been a long time :-)

better that way i wouldn't mind trying some "beta" drivers if available.

I have two PowerBooks both have the same problem with two different cards one with 128mb of ram and the other with 64mb

and unfortunately configuring .mob1 with the latest drivers all I use demo e-uae etc. it appears on the screen of the two PowerBooks and not on the external monitor.

If, on the other hand, I use the old drivers everything works perfectly on the external monitor and it is very nice to use it this way. (with old drivers, I also tried three different monitors the result is identical ).

including a tv with hdmi
    while with the new drivers for example the tv with hdmi it is not possible to use it as a monitor.

AverMedia can't capture everything, but if I don't have to capture video everything is perfect I don't encounter any problems in resolutions and any games I use or demos etc. auto-adjusts to the screen.

I add that with new drivers using .mob1
    closing the lid of the PowerBook the part of the boot where you see the butterfly the speed of the processor and the memory mounted in practice the boot (logo) of Morphos boot is completely skipped and is not seen but goes directly to the Morphos desktop.
    Later as soon as I launch an application such as a quake or a demo it is displayed only on the PowerBook monitor.

As always, I try to be as precise as possible to explain what happens

@cyfm,
    thanks again I hadn't noticed but it's been a long time.

as soon as you have time I would like to see videos created with AverMedia I like them very much and they help me to get to know Morphos better as well as the fact that you always learn something new,
    Thank you :-)

[ Edited by white 17.01.2022 - 15:00 ]
  • »16.01.22 - 18:57