Paladin of the Pegasos
Posts: 1121 from 2004/2/8
I have a G5 iMac (A1145) for sale.
- PowerPC 970fx (G5) processor at 2,1 GHz
- 1,5 GB of DDR2 RAM
- ATI Radeon X600 XT graphics with 128 MB VRAM
- 20" TFT Active Matrix LCD (1680x1050) display (modified from standard matte to glossy
- 250.0 GB (7200 RPM) Serial ATA hard drive
- 8X "SuperDrive" optical drive
- Airport, Bluetooth etc.
- MorphOS 3.15 installed (not registered)
Some more info about the display: It was matte as a standard, but it had two minor chip offs and a scratch. I've heard about the hack to get rid of the outer "mattifying" layer of the display to make it "glossy" and decided to give it a shot. It turned out quite nicely and improved the general feeling when working with computer. Mind you, the chip offs and a scratch are still there, but way less visible now. You can see them on the photos in the upper left quarter of the screen. Nevertheless, I believe this could be the only glossy display iMac G5 out there.
- the plastic case is not perfect, it's got some scratches here and there
- the display is not perfect, two chip offs and a scratch still somewhat visible, there's also a tiny, sub-pixel brighter line at the bottom (visible on a dark background)
You can see some actual photos here
I'm asking for 65 EUR
(plus shipping) for the machine. Power cord included (it's got a UK type plug, but I include an EU plug adapter as well).[ Edited by koszer 16.09.2021 - 15:07 ]