modified radeon driver works with hdmi
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I found this "driver" on the net I don't remember the exact link
    here the link for the file I am using right now and it works:
    https://tinyurl.com/e6cnryya

probably it has been modified or is it a beta I have no idea.
    But the important thing is that it works well.
    The file is dated 2018 and is about 136kb the one included in morphos 3.15 and about 146kb.
    I am writing because only you can answer this and maybe I get more information and it is probably one of your files and maybe it can be developed further.

Installation is very simple after installing morphos 3.15
    before rebooting just copy the "Radeon" file to sys: morphos / devs / monitor /
    and replace the original one and then reboot.
    At that point the cable I have DVI-HDMI works perfectly while with the original Radeon file included with morphos 3.15 it does not work in any way.
    here two screenshots of the resolutions that are created automatically after reboot and use a monitor named "27G2G4"
    https://imgur.com/dll1bd2
    https://imgur.com/HQhXxIu

You have to close the lid of the PowerBook and after booting you can reopen it and use the keyboard without any problems the PowerBook screen will remain black.
    While the external monitor will work smoothly with all applications including all mos-68k demo-scenes etc. video player games OWB WayFarer etc.

While with the original driver the demo-scenes open only on the powerbook monitor.

I tried with the tv and it always works perfectly with the hdmi

I hope the driver can be useful in some way and surely and the result of your work maybe it can be useful for future updates.

Now my question is this I tried to use it with the card that captures videos with hdmi socket I can record videos without problems with OBS but when I use the demo-scenes for example the screen is captured in this way here the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fONVqzjZyVQ

in practice the screen is divided into small parts I think it is not a problem of OSB but of the "modified Radeon" driver that somehow sends the "output" out in this way.
    I was wondering if it could be corrected somehow.
    Strangely then the name of the monitor in use of morphos changes its name from "27G2G4" to "CaptureMode" when I use the capture card.
    Thanks for any reply and sorry for the length of the text I tried to explain myself as best I could.
    Thanks again.

[ Edited by white 23.08.2021 - 18:15 ]
  • »23.08.21 - 16:03
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Here is a small example of its correct functioning:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTItgiKaKGo

If needed I can make a video on the installation with the radeon driver included with morphos 3.15 where everything remains black.
    Instead overwriting it with the driver at the link above everything works.
  • »23.08.21 - 17:05
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    esiste qualcosa per imac G5
  • »23.08.21 - 17:56
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    This is RADEON-driver 52.34 from MOS-ISO 3.11!

There where some changes from 3.11 to 3.12 in Radeon-driver:

Devs/Monitors/Radeon

o Dual-head support for selected Radeon R3xx setups (PMacG5 R96xx as well as PowerBook 5,x external DVI)
    o Other improvements and bug fixes

You may report that issue to MOS-team.

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 23.08.2021 - 20:21 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »23.08.21 - 18:20
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @Amigaharry2
    It is interesting because with the current driver (morphos 3.15) therefore more updated the hdmi does not work at least on my powerbook g4 1.67 9700 128mb.
    The old driver i tried it on a tv with hdmi and it works perfectly.
    The black powerbook screen always remains and everything works with the external monitor using this older driver.
    Maybe it would be nice to include its features in the recent driver.
    since it works.

if I record the morphos screen with OBS everything is recorded perfectly.
    If, on the other hand, I use for example the demo-scenes or games etc.
    The OBS screen captures the video in many small squares as I described here:
    a solution for that would be great :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fONVqzjZyVQ

[ Edited by white 23.08.2021 - 21:04 ]
  • »23.08.21 - 18:36
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    This driver is done by Frank Mariak and Mark Olsen. So the only way to get a solution is to report to MOS-team.
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »23.08.21 - 22:32
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I tried the Radeon 52.34 and 52.30 "drivers"
    both work with hdmi later versions lose this compatibility.
    I also installed to try morphos 3.11 directly from the TV with the hdmi cable, the installation does not create any problems and the TV can also be used as an external monitor.

obviously I don't know the technical reasons why the new Radeon drivers work without this compatibility with hdmi.
    These are just simple personal tests and they solve the problem I was encountering with hdmi.

here I put a little more complete video with OBS running but even with morphos 3.11 the problem of capture remains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an5XosyRi8Y

But I understand that this is definitely not the priority in writing the Radeon "driver" to make OBS compatible too.
    I have also tried many hdmi cables but the result is identical.

Is it possible to have the email to contact the authors of the driver?
    Maybe it's easy for them to include this hdmi compatibility with the new morphos 3.15 drivers.
    Thanks again for your work.
  • »24.08.21 - 13:43
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    Canale irc presumo
  • »24.08.21 - 14:16
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @Andreas_Wolf
    Thanks,
    I sent an email to F. Mariak
    we hope for a new version :-)
    If someone uses the PowerBook it would be helpful to have feedback from others with DVI-HDMI cables as well.
  • »24.08.21 - 16:58
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I apologize,
    I go back to the subject again for advice
    and I would like to do some tests.
    OBS is able to capture the morphos desktop with the applications that work directly on the screen as a wayfarer and everything that does not require an opening of the "proprietary" screens such as quake demo-scenes, via the hdmi capture card.
    In that case OBS still captures the screen natively
    but the capture divides the screen into many small squares.
    So in theory the capture card works fine otherwise the Morphos desktop would not be captured either.
    Nor the proprietary screens, instead it captures those too.

Which Morphos options could I try to see improvements?
    for example the frequency of the monitor or different resolutions
    any idea is welcome someone had the same problem?

Thanks again.

It would be perfect :-)

[ Edited by white 25.08.2021 - 17:24 ]
  • »25.08.21 - 15:13
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I am quite tenacious in rehearsing :-)
    I was wondering if there was a way for the PoweBook to have in both displays in use (foreign monitor and PowerBook monitor)
    the visible image.
    Basically with the PowerBook open you should also see the screen on the external monitor.
    And the only combination I can't get.
    This is probably a limitation of the Radeon graphics card of older models that were used years ago.
    For example, with a netbook you could keep the lid open and have both displays visible.
    Thanks.
  • »29.08.21 - 18:09
    Kronos
    This should work if you connect the external monitor with a VGA cable, not sure how much that would help with a modern monitor...
  • »29.08.21 - 20:27