Bluetooth and MorphOS
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hello,

i would like to test a Keyboard in Bluetooth mode.

I have a receiver with a class Bluetooth reconized in MorphOS USB Prefs but no binding class

What is the procedure to connect it please ?

Thanks ;-)

[ Edité par Papiosaur 24.06.2021 - 14:40 ]
  • »24.06.21 - 12:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Thanks a lot Andreas_Wolf!

No receptor has possibility to save prefs in his hardware instead of OF ?

Is it possible to boot on MacOX installed on a USB key or maybe a live CD to configure Bluetooth prefs in OF ?

[ Edité par Papiosaur 24.06.2021 - 15:27 ]
  • »24.06.21 - 14:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Thanks a lot Andreas_Wolf!

No receptor has possibility to save prefs in his hardware instead of OF ?

Is it possible to boot on MacOX installed on a USB key or maybe a live CD to configure Bluetooth prefs in OF ?

[ Edité par Papiosaur 24.06.2021 - 15:27 ]

If you figure this out please let me know.

I was actually last night trying to install 10.4 on an external USB but the installer refused to install on it irrespective of how I formatted it or partitioned it.

My wireless Apple keyboard worked great with MorphOS after I paired it with OSX. Problem is I later formatted the machine to only have MorphOS on it and after I replacted the PRAM battery I lost connection to the keyboard again and I have no way of getting it back unless I reinstall OSX on the SSD and the reinstall MorphOS again ( Which I *REALLY* don't want to do )
  • »24.06.21 - 15:00
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    MorphOS does NOT support Bluetooth. I can only suggest that you return the USB dongle. You don't need it on OSX, it will NOT work on MorphOS.
  • »24.06.21 - 16:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I have bought this receptor: [...]
    > Question: i need a receptor like this or not ?

I think the OpenFirmware-based pairing only works with built-in Bluetooth.
  • »24.06.21 - 16:57
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

I think the OpenFirmware-based pairing only works with built-in Bluetooth.

That's correct. OF only handles the Bluetooth of AirPort cards.
  • »24.06.21 - 17:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

MoerBoer wrote:
    I was actually last night trying to install 10.4 on an external USB but the installer refused to install on it irrespective of how I formatted it or partitioned it.

Find an external FireWire harddrive. I believe you should be able to install OSX on it and easily boot from it any time you wish to.
  • »24.06.21 - 17:25
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    Quote:

MoerBoer wrote:

Find an external FireWire harddrive. I believe you should be able to install OSX on it and easily boot from it any time you wish to.

Oh, that's cool!

Now to try and source that ... Thanks. I'll give an update if I ever get one.
  • »24.06.21 - 17:43
  • MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    Quote:

MoerBoer schrieb:
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    Quote:

MoerBoer wrote:

Oh, that's cool!

Now to try and source that ... Thanks. I'll give an update if I ever get one.

Try to get hold of an

OWC Mercury on-the-go Pro

external case

Great addition if you want to boot from an external firewire SSD and/or want to do backups for MorphOS. Not exactly cheap but great add-on for my PPC machines ...

Make sure to get the FireWire+USB3 version and not the USB3-only one ...
  • »24.06.21 - 20:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I use an Iomega MiniMax (Model 33671 and 34940) with OSX 10.4.11 (Tiger) on them, as they both have USB2 and Firewire on the enclosure interfaces. Though I've also got an Iomega Extreme (HDD1H) and a few laptop portable HDD enclosures (LPHD160-C) which also have both USB and Firewire built-into the interfaces. So, these too are suitable to install Mac OSX onto as though it was directly connected internally with it being Firewire connectable, which you have to connect this way for it to boot/dual-boot MacOSX-MorphOS. I think I've even got an old Formac HDD USB/Firewire enclosure that I could use if I needed to. Each one of these enclosures will allow you to boot Mac OSX and then allow you to "pair" a bluetooth device so that when you boot with MorphOS using the same logicboard/hardware you can access the bluetooth device even though you are using MorphOS.

I daily use an Apple A1016 bluetooth keyboard for MorphOS, in fact I'm using it right now, so I know it works OK, which I "paired" through Mac OSX with the same hardware in my MacMini, just using an external HDD that was attached via Firewire that already had Mac OSX installed on it.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »24.06.21 - 22:26
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    I propose now an External box FireWire/USB on MorphOS Store ;-)

It's expensive but i didn't find lower price except for an order of 100 units...

@jaca: thanks for your answer!

[ Edité par Papiosaur 25.06.2021 - 18:18 ]
  • »25.06.21 - 06:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Do then also require a firewire 800 to 400 convertor?
  • »25.06.21 - 07:09
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    If z970mp can get this working as a live boot system, it should solve the problem elegantly with just burning a boot DVD.

MacRumors

[ Edited by MoerBoer 25.06.2021 - 09:34 ]
  • »25.06.21 - 07:16