ScummVM Midi
  • Just looking around
    Fred_Freakazoid
    Hey everyone. Recently got myself an iBook G4 and MorphOS. I was tinkering with ScummVM and can't seem to get midi/soundfonts working. Is the feature implemented? There seems to be zero documentation for it.
  • »13.06.21 - 13:15
  • K-L
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    K-L
    The feature is implemented thanks to FluidSynth.

You need to add a SF2 soundfont file in the "extra" directory (and configure Midi in the right section of ScummVM).
    PowerMac G5 2,7 Ghz / Radeon 9650 / MorphOS 3.15
    AmigaOne X1000 (unused ATM)
  • »13.06.21 - 14:51
  • Just looking around
    Fred_Freakazoid
    I have a few sf2 files (you can point to the directory they're in, so being in the extras folder seems moot), but under the GM selection there are literally NO devices to choose (options are: use first available device, or don't use midi). Some video I watched showed a giant selection including FluidSynth on a PC install. Is my install busted? Was there a download or installation script I missed?

I've been scouring the internet the last day with nothing to show for it, and usually that's easy.

Edit: I should clarify, music works fine, it just sounds like ass. ;)

[ Edited by Fred_Freakazoid 13.06.2021 - 09:24 ]
  • »13.06.21 - 15:22
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    beworld
    You use 2.3.0git version ?
    go to Audio tab in Options,
    Preferred device : FluidSynth
    next MIDI tab:
    GM device : Fluidsynth
    Choose your sf2 file
    MT32 Device : FluidSynth (uncheck tow options) and working with games support MIDI.
    IMac G5 2.1,PowerBook G4 1.5,MacMini 1.5, PowerMac G5 2.7 died !!!
    My MOS ports
  • »13.06.21 - 15:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Fred_Freakazoid
    I'll try that, thanks. :) I have 2.2.0.

I didn't download 2.3.0git because the description says it's "tools for ScummVM".
  • »13.06.21 - 16:19
    beworld
    >I didn't download 2.3.0git because the description says it's "tools for ScummVM".

Oh :-) i fix that, thanks
    My MOS ports
  • »13.06.21 - 17:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ beworld - I'm still at the stage of . . . what do you do with the Makefile.morphos in the FluidLite archive? :-?

I had expected to find an executable or file that can readily be placed in the ScummVM game folder that relates to a game that is supported by FluidSynth/FluidLite to be able to be used without doing any program compiling, or am I missing something in the archive? :-?

You mention v2.3.0. GIT of FluidSynth/FluidLite (on this thread) - but where is that package to download - a weblink would be good/beneficial/make it easier to figure out what is required, including a step-by-step guide of how to download, complete the Makefile procedure, and set it up.

Including which version(s) as a minimum is required of ScummVM, SDL library, FluidLite, etc. to get it all working harmoniously so it is all up to date.

I am sure we are all grateful for all the work you (beworld & BSzili) have done on all these packages, but some guidance would be helpful, well it would certainly be for me. 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »14.06.21 - 00:27
    beworld
    My port of FluidSynth/FluidLite is only a shared library for developpement.
    I use it in ScummVM and bePlayer for example, and Tcheko use it in FrozenLiquid.

ScummVM need last SDL2 package only... no more
    https://www.morphos-storage.net/Games/Adventure/ScummVM_2.3.0git.readme

The best is to update SDL2 as soon as I release a new version.

Version 2.3.0 GIT is ScummVM, not fluidsynth/lite : https://www.morphos-storage.net/?find=scummvm
    My MOS ports
  • »14.06.21 - 07:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Fred_Freakazoid
    Update: everything works more as expected with the 2.3.0git version of ScummVM. FluidSynth is right there in the menu where you'd expect it to be, and I was able to mess with some soundfonts. :)

Thanks again BeWorld!
  • »14.06.21 - 19:43