"Looking for an MUI programmer", message from Deron K. (Page
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Hi Christoph(e) (aka rms),

I linked to the images using the URL site/resource you tried to link them to, and they look impressive! :-o

Really, nice work, and GREAT news - thanks for your trouble. 8-)

Something to REALLY look forward to for 2021 with a bit of luck. 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »30.12.20 - 10:15
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Tomo
    Hi Christophe,

I hope that Pagestream will survive. I'm still using PGS4 but hope for a new version in the next year...

greetings, Tom
  • »30.12.20 - 13:58
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ rms - if you have any further updates on this project - PageStream 5 for MorphOS then I'd really be interested to read about it here, or as a P.M. if you don't think it's worthy of putting in the forum.

You seem to have a lot of specific/selected colours laid out in your object colours palette with the name of the colour beside it, is this a new way of laying them out for ease of selection in v5?

Are the colour lists re-sizeable, so you can make the colour square larger/text larger and that will resize the other associated colour size or text size?

Also, are tables handled better than they were in v4?

What importing and exporting of PDFs have you attempted/had success with?

What system are you using currently, as I want to be aware of the CPU options and memory requirements if that makes any difference.

I see all the mini windows all look the same colour, just grey, so how do you know which one is the active one?

I take it they are all MUI based windows now, so presumably they could be made to display a different colour if they were the active one compared to any of the other windows?

Is each tool / action window now treated as an independent process, so the parent window is not blocked by a child window having been opened?

It all seems quite different to the Windows version 5, but then it is so long since I put any trust in that version that I probably have forgotten how it all looks and was laid out anyway. It crashed far too often to get much of a feel for it.

The document you have on the images seems to have taken a reasonable amount of time to lay out, so how long had it been stable for and did you manage to complete it, and print it out, then, or prior to, save it as a pgs and/or PDF document?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »31.12.20 - 07:09
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    I would be nice to see a new version of Pagestream 5.0 Pro for 2021. Let’s see what happens, it’s been a long while.

[ Edited by discreetfx 31.12.2020 - 07:19 ]
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »31.12.20 - 13:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ rms or cyfm: Any news on this beta for PageStream for MorphOS, as it's been 3-4 months wait with no further news so far?
  • »02.04.21 - 08:07
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    I can't even remember how long ago I paid for this, nor would I be able to find my receipts......it would still be interesting to see this program get to a useable state though.
  • »06.04.21 - 17:42
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Tomo
    For me it's the same. I'm now trying Scribus on Linux, but compared with PGS5 it is a difficult program.
    I had Pagestream woking on Linux but after a crash (my own stupid fault) I can't get it working again. (Not in Ubuntu Remix nor in Artix Linux)
    I hope it will work in Morphos....

Tom
  • »06.04.21 - 20:02
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    I also ordered the MOS version many, many years ago. It was a good concept, too bad they never moved the ball down field.
  • »10.04.21 - 21:09
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    It’s really sad that PageStream development did not continue even though it’s still sold to unsuspecting buyers. If it was updated it would still be a compelling DTP package. I use Pages and InDesign now but they still are not as easy to use as PageStream. Years ago when the developer was being paid to further develop Aladdin4D he stated PageStream had not been updated because he was too busy with Aladdin4D. Today that statement is completely laughable. He was in fact failing to update either package and dressing animals on a South Dakota Prarie. Or maybe it’s because learning to add MUI features to an application was just too hard.

[ Edited by discreetfx 14.04.2021 - 09:12 ]
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »14.04.21 - 14:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I am keeping an open mind about this version for MorphOS being completed, as it is the most optimistic I have been that any of the PageStream v5 releases would get finished as a stable/useable release, thanks to Deron committing more to the project in recent months than he had in the past 10+ years.

Deron has been working on the website to get payment access working once more, via PayPal as I believe inactivity and other issues had caused it to lapse/fail which it seems is now fixed. So, that may offer some reason for optimism, along with the Beta that rms is currently using/testing, that cyfm had assisted Deron in fine-tuning the MUI and some other aspects of the program to work as originally intended, I believe.
  • »14.04.21 - 15:59
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    Always good to hear that there’s a theoretical remote possibility of a working version. I paid for several versions of PageStream 5.0 Pro almost two decades ago! To say the pace of development has been slower than a snail is an understatement. Patience is a virtue in the MorphOS 3rd party software market.
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »15.04.21 - 16:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    New version of PageStream shipping soonish it seems. I expect it no later than 2071 or maybe a wee bit later.
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »08.12.21 - 05:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    There's no need to rub salt into old wounds, Bill.
  • »08.12.21 - 07:45
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    "He's got high hopes, high apple pie in the sky hopes!"

[ Edited by Jim 08.12.2021 - 19:26 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »09.12.21 - 00:26
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    https://youtu.be/MH7KYmGnj40
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »16.12.21 - 16:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    _coliN_
    Quote:

discreetfx wrote:
    New version of PageStream shipping soonish it seems. I expect it no later than 2071 or maybe a wee bit later.

A new version for MorphOS seems to be uploaded for registered users today to 5.1.2
    Did someone test it already?
  • »06.09.22 - 17:24
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Nope. As written here: https://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2022-09-00025-EN.html, waiting for the download link of the demo version...
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »06.09.22 - 18:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Drako^lM
    Yep is working nice on my G5 :)
    Hardware :
    Power Mac G5 2.3 Ghz & MorphOS 3.18 & OSX 10.5
    Mini G4 1.5 Ghz & MorphOS 3.18
    BlaBla Team Member -> http://blabla.ppa.pl
    AmiParty Team Member -> http://www.chal.pl/
  • »06.09.22 - 18:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    This is great news for paid customers. I hope it works well.
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »06.09.22 - 19:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    _coliN_
    Quote:

Primax wrote:
    Nope. As written here: https://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2022-09-00025-EN.html, waiting for the download link of the demo version...

Downloadlink for the demo is also online…

Tried it now - it runs surprisingly stable and fine on my Pegasos.
    All functions and elements I tried are doing well. Saving and pdf output also without errors…

Now we can publish again on MorphOS - thanks to all the people who worked at this update!
  • »06.09.22 - 20:11
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    I had given up hope this would ever come out but I’m glad it’s finally shipping. Many including me paid for this ages ago. Better late then never. It’s nice Windows customers have it too but more important for MorphOS since Windows already has Adobe CC.

[ Edited by discreetfx 06.09.2022 - 16:10 ]
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »06.09.22 - 21:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Zetec-s
    Just downloaded the demo for the first time tonight and I’ve been playing around with it and I’ve got to say I’m really impressed.

I haven’t really pushed what it is doing but I can see it’s a really complete package. Not that I’m surprised as I remember it back from the 1990s but it does seem very stable.

Looking at the feature set I am struggling to find anything missing to be honest, although I’m no desktop publisher.

Even the way the download is delivered to you via email and then follow up emails is relatively slick. Support manual online is also pretty comprehensive.

Definitely considering purchasing although I’ll be honest no idea if I need it, just want to support MorphOS developers and in particular those MorphOS developers and supporters who were involved in getting this done.
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5Ghz/2GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Powerbook 1.67Ghz/1.5GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    MacMini 1.5Ghz/1GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Efika 5200B 400Mhz/128MB MorphOS 2.3 Registered
  • »06.09.22 - 21:36
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    On the download link for the full version of PageStream v5.1.2 it states, by the author Deron Kazmaier:

"This MorphOS release includes substantial contributions by Frank Mariak and is a testament to Frank's and Christoph @ RMS Video's commitment to the MorphOS community. It simply would not have occurred without their efforts."

Deron has also been "beavering" away together with Frank & Christoph, burning the midnight oil - up for many late nights, making this project a reality for some considerable time now, and it is truly is a credit to them all that this release has happened, as there have been many hurdles to surmount, but between all 3 of them it has been accomplished. 8-D

There are maybe a few 'tweaks' in the pipeline to get it even more polished, and maybe even a few additions/enhancements being talked about to add to it. Whether these other features will happen soon, or over a somewhat longer period of time, over the next few months, I personally don't know, but it is so far working very well on my iMac A1145. 8-D

It's definitely a major KUDOS and massive thanks to Frank Mariak (cyfm) & Christoph Poelzl (rms) (and Christoph's son) from me :bloons:
  • »07.09.22 - 02:01