PPC WinUAE
  • Just looking around
    Hello, i'm tryng to load MorphOS on WinUAE, i'm able to load OS4 but not to load MorphOS...

is there any guide to achieve?

Is it possible to have any way to get MorphOS native compatibility from MorphOS to UAE? I mean that I think in add compatibility to virtual UAE hardware like UAEZorro, etc to achiev perfect simbiosis with UAE in Windows or Linux and then to be able to run from MorphOS all the apps on de HostingOS.

I can do it from AmikitXE, and we can run from de OS3.9.1.4 any windows app like Clip Studio Paint, Blender, MSOffice 365, etc... and of course Directory Opus 12.23 windows version XD, it is amazing and will be better to do it from MorphOS in WinUAE, and it is possible but not real at the moment.

Please can you think on it?
    May be possible to dream it?

I dislike linux interfice of user, it is only for codders users and I think AmigaOS can be a good chance betwin Windows MiniOS and WinUAE

PD. try MINIOS, is the best Windows modded version without spying or bloadware.

[ Editado por germandroide 15.02.2021 - 18:17 ]
  • »15.02.21 - 17:15
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    No, it's not possible. WinUAE isn't compatible with BlizzardPPC/CybernstormPPC enough. You can only run MorphOS from QEmu.
  • »15.02.21 - 17:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    waldiamiga
    The problem is that qemu-uae.dll is incompatible with MorphOS, which needs to be patched like Bigfoot did. So far only QEmu remains.

MorphOS.pl
    PowerBook G4 1.67GHz|2GB DDR2|ATI Radeon 9700M 128MB|SSD 80GB|TFT 17"|MorphOS 3.1x
    Core i7 Notebook|WinUAE 3.x/AmigaOS4.1x & Icaros Desktop 2.x & QEmu 6.x.x
  • »15.02.21 - 18:30
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Flash
    If only someone could write a fast graphics driver for qemu it could be quite fast and usable with latest x64 cpus.
  • »15.02.21 - 20:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    No, FPU emulation is still too slow to be usable.
  • »15.02.21 - 20:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > is there any guide to achieve?

No, as others wrote. And even if there was, it would only work for ancient MorphOS 1.4.5 at best.
  • »15.02.21 - 21:23
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Performance of QEmu makes it a preview / test tool at best. It's not usable for anything remotely serious.
  • »16.02.21 - 01:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Flash
    Pure cpu calculations are fast, for fpu side we have a soft fpu emulation so it’s slower than it could be.
    In ppc qemu emulation hardfloats aren’t still implemented, anyway it’s quite fast for majority of jobs, especially with modern x64 cpus.
    The real slowdown is in graphics rendering, it really causes a bad user experience.

Qemu was born with flexibility, accuracy and portability in mind, speed isn’t it’s main goal.
    Consider that most part of users use it in kvm mode where the cpu emulation part (TCG engine) is completely bypassed.
    One of main goal of qemu is build VM on big servers for very big IT companies.
    It’s developed mainly by these companies and most part of features are implemented for their primary purposes.

Anyway I consider qemu the best option to preserve AmigaNG experience in a next future, for sure this already happens for old Mac ppc machines.

Qemu needs to be improved in amiga boards emulation accuracy and speed related to gfx and fpu parts.
    In the past mos team patched it to run morphos in a better way but these patches was never shared with community.
    Probably for commercial reasons due mos license, maybe for other reasons too, I can understand so no problem at all.
  • »16.02.21 - 21:31
    Profile Visit Website