Hi there. I've wanted to try out MorphOS for some time and have recently acquired a G4 800Mhz quicksilver powermac. However, I'm having some poor luck.
While I've had luck creating my USB drives and placing the required files, I'm stuck.
I've created a few USB sticks (8gb and 16gb) and found the files in open firmware, but no matter how I try Code:
boot usb1/disk@1:,boot.img bi umsd0:morphos.iso
I get the same result:
And it just sits there never doing anything else.
Here's what I've tried without luck:
- 3.15 (verifying md5)
- boot usb1/disk@1:,\boot.img bm
- 8gb and 16gb thumb drives
- connecting to VGA port
- read through https://library.morph.zone/Open_Firmware#Booting_from_CD and https://morphos-team.net/guide/usb-boot a few times
So that leaves me with three questions:
1. Is booting a quicksilver g4 off USB "supported"?
2. Should I connect the ADC video out (I'm assuming the VGA is the best choice and don't have an ADC connector nearby)
3. Should I just buy CD-R?
Any tips welcome and appreciated![ Edited by khawkins98 18.01.2021 - 18:28 ]