Split View in Flow Studio as difftool in git
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Flow Development Studio has Split View mode which is used as diff viewer. Does someone know if I can set the Flow Studio as diff tool in git?
    I has already tried to set:
    Code:
    git config diff.tool SYS:Applications/FlowStudio/FlowStudio

Unfortunately after:
    Code:
    git difftool

git shows me:
    Code:
    /gg/libexec/git-core/git-difftool--helper: /gg/libexec/git-core/mergetools/MorphOS:Applications/FlowStudio/FlowStudio[1]: syntax error: `(' unexpected
    /gg/libexec/git-core/git-difftool--helper: /gg/libexec/git-core/mergetools/MorphOS:Applications/FlowStudio/FlowStudio[1]: syntax error: `(' unexpected

So i think the tool can't be used as difftool in git. However I would like to be sure. Could someone confirm (or not) it?
  • »12.11.20 - 18:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    AFAIK no support for this exists for FlowStudio currently.

Either way, even if you'd manage to get FlowStudio used as a difftool you'd get a similar crash as with Ed when quitting it.
  • »12.11.20 - 20:19
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    I don't want make promotion for my tools ;)
    but exactly that was one reason I implemented a diff viewer to MCAmiga

Code:

git config diff.tool kompare

and save that script as "c:kompare"
    Code:

#!/bin/sh
    a=$1
    n="tmp:${a#/tmp/}"
    dh2:mcamiga/powerpc-morphos/mcamiga diff $n $2

done

now a "git difftool" should work
  • »12.11.20 - 21:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    I have heard of MCAmiga. However Since 1997 I like and use multi-window filemanagers: Opus Magellan and now Ambient. I don't like file managers with two listers (like File Master, Norton Commander, DOpus4). Especially if they are in text-mode.
    However now I tried to use your tool as diff for git (according your tutorial) and... it really works! I have difftool in git for MOS! Great! Thank you very much! It is what I need now. :)

Are you going to add functions for merging? Select left or right version, edit selected version, save merged version. And go to previous/next diference. It would be great!

One more thing... I also checked MCAmiga as filemanager and I have to say that it is really good tool. The soft could be helpful also for me. Very good job. Thank you!

[ Edited by MDW 12.11.2020 - 23:16 ]
  • »12.11.20 - 23:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Git is RAM-beast. :) During comparing diff of small text file (4.5 KB), RAM is decreased about 350MB! During "diff log" (if log is longer than height of CLI and content is scrollable), the operation uses about 150MB.
  • »12.11.20 - 23:49
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    @MDW:
    good to hear, I also like DOpus (use it on Windows but also with mc key setting) but mostly I use Midnight commander on Linux :-P and so more used to this console style

merging: maybe... atm. I do not have any motivation to code something for Amiga-likes, so maybe not in the near future, but it is open source... if someone else want to do it :-P

btw. for long git logs I produced also my own tool MoGit it's only very crude and simple but for me enough to work with it, maybe you want take a look

Have fun!
  • »13.11.20 - 16:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Quote:

ALB42 wrote:
    btw. for long git logs I produced also my own tool MoGit it's only very crude and simple but for me enough to work with it, maybe you want take a look

I didn't know MoGit. The tool looks very good on video! I will check the tool. Thank you!
  • »13.11.20 - 19:49
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    btw. in MCAmiga with shift up/down you jump to next difference, sorry I forget (F1 is help)
  • »13.11.20 - 21:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Quote:

ALB42 wrote:
    btw. in MCAmiga with shift up/down you jump to next difference, sorry I forget (F1 is help)

Great! So... you realized next of my wishes. :)
  • »13.11.20 - 22:42
    Profile Visit Website