DosBox performance on MorphOS/Powerbook
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    kas1e
    @Cego
    Quote:

DosBox tells me that CD0:/ doesn't exist.

For me on os4 that part ok, it says it exists, just when I mount it and tried to do "Dir" in the mounted virtual drive I have the same issues as you show. But in any case it just about "/" thing at end. I created BZ on DOSBox-staging repo (those guys always help me with all the related issues with os4 port), and once they will deal with it properly that can be added in both our ports: https://github.com/dreamer/dosbox-staging/issues/223
  • »19.03.20 - 08:16
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    Hi All, i updated Dosbox jit to the latest SVN sources:

Dosbox JIT

- added 2nd overlay mode: "overlay2", this mode requires new powersdl.library (included in the archive), please check both overlay and overlay2 output
    - fixes for cdrom and track playing (using sdl_sound - it wasnt tested, so report if it doesnt work).

- this version sadly still has some problems with speed, i got either 15.2 fps or ~24 fps, don't know why
  • »19.05.20 - 18:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Looks like scaling to correct aspect ratio ist lost when going fullscreen? Or at least I am not able to get it right...

aspect=true (also tried aspect=yes)

Does not matter if I use overlay or overlay2. As soon as I go fullscreen the correct 4:3 aspect ratio is lost. In windowed mode everything looks fine.

Also I am not able to set the keyboard to german layout correctly. I thought keyb GR 437 inside DOSbox would do it, but still Y/Z are mixed up. :-(
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »21.08.20 - 21:16
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    Hi, i'll fix aspect ration when i return from vacations.
  • »25.08.20 - 15:40
    Profile Visit Website
    beworld
    Hi all !

Maybe it would be interesting to check the SDL2 version of DOSBOX (dosbox-staging) ?

https://github.com/dosbox-staging/dosbox-staging

i say that because i see support of full OpenGL with SDL2, and MorphOS SDL2 support it.
    IMac G5 2.1,PowerBook G4 1.5,MacMini 1.5, PowerMac G5 2.7 died !!!
    My MOS ports
  • »25.08.20 - 16:38
    Profile Visit Website
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Quote:

zukow schrieb:
    Hi, i'll fix aspect ration when i return from vacations.

Many thanks! And have a fun vacation! :-)

And thanks for your work up 'till now, the JIT-version sure does run a tad faster!
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »25.08.20 - 18:28
    ernsteiswuerfel
    @zukow: I see you updated your DOSbox_jit, thanks! Runs fine on my PowerBook G4 so far. Full screen aspect ration is still wrong though. ;-)
  • »26.01.21 - 19:54
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    I know, sorry. I completely forgot about it but it seems that dosbox jit guy (jmarsh) is working on JIT in dosbox so probably i'll make new version within a month (also with ratio fixed).
  • »26.01.21 - 20:17
    Profile Visit Website