Software synths on MorphOS?
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Spihunter
    Anyone know of any software synths that run on current MorphOS? If no PPC native what old 68k ones work without running UAE? Aural Synthetica? Aegis Sonix?
    17" Powerbook. MorphOS registered
    Hear my music here: Gordon Gallant
    And here: Kattalax
  • »13.02.20 - 21:33
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Maybe you'll find something here: https://www.morphos-storage.net/index.php?page=Audio
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »14.02.20 - 09:00
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Samurai_Crow
    Quote:

Spihunter wrote:
    Anyone know of any software synths that run on current MorphOS? If no PPC native what old 68k ones work without running UAE? Aural Synthetica? Aegis Sonix?

There's an old MorphOS port of HivelyTracker on its page and 68k version should work also since it is AHI based. http://www.hivelytracker.co.uk/
  • »14.02.20 - 09:34
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    There is also a new port (2020) of Milkytracker: https://dl.amigadev.com/nightly/milkytracker/2020/02/03/milkytracker.mos
    For manipulating sound I recomand HD-Rec from Thilo Köhler. A good realtime audiomixer is SoundBankster.
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »14.02.20 - 10:01
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> Anyone know of any software synths that run on current MorphOS?

> Milkytracker [...]
    > SoundBankster

Do these two really have softsynth capabilities?
  • »14.02.20 - 11:30
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    How about this? U1Synth
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1 17", MorphOS 3.18
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.18
  • »14.02.20 - 11:57
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Spihunter
    Quote:

polluks wrote:
    How about this? U1Synth

Yes! Great. That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

I guess as far as older 68k stuff goes I may have to just tinker to see what will work.
    Just wondering if anyone had already explored this to save me the work? :)

Edit: Looks like the download link for u1synth is broken! :(
    Edit2: found it on Aminet.

[ Edited by Spihunter 14.02.2020 - 09:12 ]
  • »14.02.20 - 15:03
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Spihunter
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    Maybe you'll find something here: https://www.morphos-storage.net/index.php?page=Audio

I went all through there and didn't find anything like a soft synth. Lots of other good stuff there though.

As far as trackers go, Octamed was my go to back in the day for writing beats. I use Reaper on Linux these days for most things.
  • »14.02.20 - 15:07
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Spihunter
    I see MorphOS now has built in USB midi and audio support. I have a few usb keyboards and 5 USB audio interfaces here I can test out. 3 Tascam, 1 Focusrite and 1 Presonus
  • »14.02.20 - 21:09
  • ghh
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    ghh
    I played with this: HD-Rec + Sweeper Softsynth and Horny midi sequencer. But I don't know if it's "real" softsynth.
    https://youtu.be/XP4tvI6KX00
  • »14.02.20 - 23:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Spihunter
    Quote:

ghh wrote:
    I played with this: HD-Rec + Sweeper Softsynth and Horny midi sequencer. But I don't know if it's "real" softsynth.
    https://youtu.be/XP4tvI6KX00

Is the Sweeper Softsynth part of HD-REC or is it some kind of add on?
  • »15.02.20 - 02:16
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Is the Sweeper Softsynth part of HD-REC or is it some kind of add on?

Sweeper is a HD-Rec plugin that is part of HD-Rec ;-)
    Originally, HD-Rec was supposed to be a commercial program with extra-paid-for plugins. Plans changed a decade ago when the author decided to open-source everything instead.
  • »15.02.20 - 11:49
    Cool_amigaN
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    There is also a new port (2020) of Milkytracker: https://dl.amigadev.com/nightly/milkytracker/2020/02/03/milkytracker.mos
    For manipulating sound I recomand HD-Rec from Thilo Köhler. A good realtime audiomixer is SoundBankster.

Been messing with audio capturing lately. Seems that Soundbankster is incompatible with AHIrecord (cannot allocate AHI unit once one has started operating) so you cannot be mixing realtime while having connect a mic or a line in to capture voice and/or further audiot input.

Does anyone know any work around on that, perhaps with a different prog combination?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »05.09.20 - 22:50
    Profile Visit Website
    Tcheko
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:

Been messing with audio capturing lately. Seems that Soundbankster is incompatible with AHIrecord (cannot allocate AHI unit once one has started operating) so you cannot be mixing realtime while having connect a mic or a line in to capture voice and/or further audiot input.

Does anyone know any work around on that, perhaps with a different prog combination?

Hi,

SoundBankster is using Reggae framework for its ouputs and doesn't deal directly with AHI. So more likely for me:
    - an AHI misconfiguration
    - hardware not supporting play and record simultaneously

Also, SoundBankster cannot mix recording streams, only files.

What are you trying to achieve?
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »06.09.20 - 09:06
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    Hey, Tcheko thanks for popping up :)

What I am trying to do is to capture on a single file a connected mic voice (plus optionally a line in audio) while mixing with Soundbankster. If I can perform live sound efectes (like echo etc) would be even cooler but I don't know which software can do that (apart from the options found on SoundBankster). Finally I can edit the file if needed on Audio Evolution, SoundFX or whatever. I am using a Sound Blaster on a PowerMac.

Some further clarifications about SoundBankster, is it possible to output diffent audio (say from deck 1) to speakers connected on the SoundBlaster while Deck 2 streams to Avantree Leaf which has a bluetooth headset?

Any easy way to setup Hercules mkII dj console on SoundBankster? Like, do you have a ready Poseidon prefs or something to share?

Thanks in advance :)
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »06.09.20 - 21:39
    Profile Visit Website
    Tcheko
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Hey, Tcheko thanks for popping up :)

What I am trying to do is to capture on a single file a connected mic voice (plus optionally a line in audio) while mixing with Soundbankster. If I can perform live sound efectes (like echo etc) would be even cooler but I don't know which software can do that (apart from the options found on SoundBankster). Finally I can edit the file if needed on Audio Evolution, SoundFX or whatever. I am using a Sound Blaster on a PowerMac.

Some further clarifications about SoundBankster, is it possible to output diffent audio (say from deck 1) to speakers connected on the SoundBlaster while Deck 2 streams to Avantree Leaf which has a bluetooth headset?

Any easy way to setup Hercules mkII dj console on SoundBankster? Like, do you have a ready Poseidon prefs or something to share?

Thanks in advance :)

Split output
    ------------
    SoundBankster is able to produce sound on two different AHI units. In window settings / audio output, you can set AHI unit for speakers and headphones.

You need to configure AHI accordingly. IE, set AHI Unit 0 to SoundBlaster and AHI unit to Avantree.

Split output of deck 1 and deck 2 to speaker/headphone is probably possible.

If in the audio settings, you set headphone to an AHI unit, you'll have the headphone group available in the middle of the mixer. You can select Up deck/down deck there and set the volume and mix level.

Set volume of deck 1 to max, set volume of deck 2 to mute in the main mixer
    Select down deck in headphone, set mix level to mute (no deck 1 in headphone) and set volume to max. You should have deck 1 at full range in speaker output and deck 2 in headphone at full range as well.

Hercule DJ MK2
    --------------
    Well, I don't have anything at hand currently. But setting it up shouldn't be that hard. Afair, it needed some love in poseidon but I don't remember all the dirty details. Once you got it running in poseidon, you just need to map controllers to events. This is done in Settings / Event Routing afair.

Hope this helps.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »08.09.20 - 17:18
    Profile Visit Website