Wikipedia - MorphOS entry
  • Targhan
    Currently, there is a nice, but small, entry for MorphOS over at Wikipedia.org.

This is an excellent resource, and it would be a great thing to expand the information there. Other things at Wikipedia could include some kind of autodocs project (hint hint nudge nudge).

Post your comments, and see if we can generate enough intrest to make it news-worthy!

[ Edited by Targhan on 2004/7/2 18:52 ]
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »02.07.04 - 23:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    hiTCH-HiKER
    Whats really strange, I did some enhancements (feature list of MOS) around 16/17.6.2004 and all of it is gone :(
    Why is that?
    It's not even listed in the history, which i'm absolutely sure it was by that time.

[ Edited by hiTCH-HiKER on 2004/7/3 10:58 ]
  • »03.07.04 - 09:57
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    todi
    Are you sure you edited the english version and not another language? Or maybe you changed some other wiki?
    ToDi

amigazeux.org
  • »03.07.04 - 13:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    hiTCH-HiKER
    oh well you are right, I changed the german version :)
  • »03.07.04 - 17:46
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    The spanish equivalent is very red-troll:
    http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/MorphOS

:-(
  • »04.07.04 - 01:22
    @timofonic

Could you translate this spanish page for us please...?
    Pegasos rulez since august 2002
  • »04.07.04 - 09:29
    guruman
    @FALCON1
    I'm italian, but some parts are quite easily understandable for me. Of course timofonic can correct me if I'm wrong...

"MorphOS, also known as MOS, is an operating system that pretends to be able to replace the original AmigaOS, ...."
    "...The future of the OS is actually compromised by the imminent commercial release of OS4 for Amiga computers together with the new Amiga One (A1) motherboard...."
    "...(Hyperion Entertainment) has announced they won't give any kind of support, both HW and SW wise, so there won't be any split in the community, and therefore the only officially recognized PowerPC OS will be AmigaOS 4..."

I can translate also the spirit of another couple of "gems": it's written that MOS works only on PPC equipped Amigas (if I'm not mistaken), MorphOS is free but it's going to change soon, MOS is "relatively" (what does this mean in this context?! - guruman) supported just by a minority of Amiga users, the only other support comes in the form of the Pegasos motherboard by Genesi.

I hope I'm wrong, but I guess I understood it right!

Kind regards,
    Andrea
  • »04.07.04 - 09:49
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Babelfish translation:

Quote:

MorphOS, also known like MOS, is an operating system that has the pretension of being able to replace the original AmigaOS, its main characteristic as opposed to the present implementations is that it is only for Amiga computers with PowerPC like essential requirement and that it is tried to maintain "feeling" of the AmigaOS at the time of working with. The future of this UNDER at the present time he is enough it jeopardize since the imminent commercialization of the OS4 for Amiga computers along with the new plates Amiga One (A1) that also are exclusively for PowerPC hardware and that the company to which the development was in charge to him of OS4 (Hyperion-Entertainment) already has announced that will not have support of any type on the part of this as much at level of hardware software as reason why any type of fracture in the community of users will not take place of UNDER, therefore, the only one UNDER officially recognized for the PowerPC architectures will be AmigaOS 4. It is possible to emphasize that to day of today still sique being gratuitous but this will change in a near future. Aside from a relative support on the part of a minority of developer of Amiga, it only counts on support to be UNDER of the Pegaso plate made by Genesi

1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »04.07.04 - 10:20
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    I doubt this was written by MorphOS user ;-)
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »04.07.04 - 10:22
    gunne
    Hi

Who is behind this wikipedia ? Especially the spanish part ? ;-)

As I understand it seems to be very doubtful information present, maybe the best would be if this wikipedia should be completely closed down, as it seems it containing very incorrect and doubtful information...

Can anyone write whatever they want and feel into this wikipedia ?

Is all information in this wikipedia like this ?, is it a joke.. ?

Gunne

[ Edited by gunne on 2004/7/4 13:07 ]
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »04.07.04 - 11:06
    Profile Visit Website
    gunne
    It seems to be a joke, as I just deleted everything, being anonymous :-)

Free software Foundation stands behind as from the english page.

Gunne
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »04.07.04 - 11:39
    Profile Visit Website
    I think that the spanish equivalent must be writed properly...
  • »04.07.04 - 14:23
    gunne
    Hi

Yes, someone who can write in spanish could do this, translating from the english page perhaps.

I just changed the swedish entry about Amiga a little bit, because I noticed some fact was wrong.

Gunne
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »04.07.04 - 21:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dholm
    Wikipedia is certainly not a joke. It's a free encyclopedia where anyone is free to contribute. The wiki works like a VCS so it's possible to roll back changes if there is a need. I'm not sure what kind of review system they have, if any, but I've found loads of extremely useful information in there. Several of the more intelligent descriptions in the wikipedia even have references.

You are never totally anonymous since your IP-adress is logged if you do not have an account.

[ Edited by dholm on 2004/7/4 23:56 ]
  • »04.07.04 - 21:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    gary_c
    Most of the information at Wikipedia is helpful but sometimes people use it as a podium for negative comments. A few months ago, someone changed the Pegasos entry to be insulting and even libelous to Genesi. A few times we replaced the insults with constructive information and the troll gave up and left it alone.

-- gary_c
  • »05.07.04 - 02:04
    Profile Visit Website
    gunne
    dholm & gary_c :-)

Yup, I also use wikipedia then and then for reading, getting info, and yes I like it also. The aim with it and the idea behind is also very good.

And yes, I have looked closer now how it is function and working.

But still it is, and what is to really consider, what impression will I get about wikipedia when reading info as above in this thread. And what impression will I get about Amiga, AmigaOS 4 and people/company connected and behind, MorphOS, Pegasos and people/company connected and behind when information is present like above.

And yes, I also noticed what someone have submitted in the entry about Pegasos earlier.

Anyway, most people are constructive I believe.

Gunne
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »05.07.04 - 16:48
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    Quote:

Targhan escribió:
    Currently, there is a nice, but small, entry for MorphOS over at Wikipedia.org.

This is an excellent resource, and it would be a great thing to expand the information there. Other things at Wikipedia could include some kind of autodocs project (hint hint nudge nudge).

Post your comments, and see if we can generate enough intrest to make it news-worthy!

[ Edited by Targhan on 2004/7/2 18:52 ]

The english version is more update then spanish version stopped with MorphOS 3.9.
  • »13.02.20 - 10:53
    BSzili
    Sorry, I couldn't resist!
    35ae78a6_2910225-thread_necrord.jpeg
    This is just like television, only you can see much further.
  • »13.02.20 - 11:37
    Profile Visit Website