Forums Update "The Bar" topic
  • Targhan
    -=-Service Announcement-=-
    Finally, I got around to making the topics in the forum "TheBar" not appear on the front page. This is done for everyone's benefit, and has been tinkered with off and on over the last few weeks.

The topics in "The Bar" are still easily accessable via "The Top 40" or by clicking HERE.

As a side bonus, since "The Bar" forum no longer appears on the front page, it is more open to off-topic discussions, such as politics, sports, world conquest, or whatever. Feel free to discuss your bad day at "The Bar."

-=-Attention Moderators-=-
    Since I've _finally_ got topics from "The Bar" off of the front page, you will all have to deal with an extra click as well. Please, remember to visit "The Top 40" link on occation to make sure that things don't get completely out of hand. Also, if a topic degenerates in one of the other forums, there is now a place to put the said topic without destroying the conversation.

Please enjoy the new features,

Targhan
    www.MorphZone.org
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »06.04.04 - 18:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    now i have to find a new place to put all my posts hehe....targhan look where all my posts are........wait a minuite i think this is an anti poundsmack movement...!!!!???? this will not stand!!!!! :-D :-o :-P :-x
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »06.04.04 - 18:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    This isn't an anti-poundsmack movement, silly ;-)
    You just have to start putting your posts in the right forum! If it's about porting a game, put it in "The GameRoom." All of the other forum-topics from the Speakeasy group still appear on the frontpage. :-D

Also, I'll be renameing "Zone Announce" to something like "Site Discussion" or "Zone Discussion" to cover aspects of the site itself. I've already opened it up as a forum for all instead of just moderator announcements. ;-)

So, hardware, software, games, and now site issues themeselves are covered.

--
    Targhan

• »06.04.04 - 18:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    see folks this is what happens when people with webmaster privliges get bored......they just start renaming everyhting :-D hehe....actualy i think most of these changes are a good idea.....good to know your on top of the ball targhan :-)
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »06.04.04 - 18:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Targhan: Imho, you selected a really bad day to implement this. As one of the key (not most informative though) discussions related to Pegasos/MorphOS future is going on at "TheBar" ... It might well be seen as an attampt to hide that discussion from public view.
    http://somequicknotes.blogspot.com/index.html
  • »06.04.04 - 18:46
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    warface
    Well, I browse Recent as a routine on each Xoops based site we have - Amiga.org, Amigaworld.net and Morphzone.org was no exception. Except that I didn't know that on Morphzone everything is on the front page.

Mind you, if it's indeed a hide movement, then it's (the issue) recognized as an error (PR wise at least), and there will be steps to repair the damage.

I still hope the situation will be resolved and have a (well, not happy) but correct ending for both interested parties.
  • »06.04.04 - 18:55
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    I have no problem about that thread going from the front-page since MZ is not, was not and hopefully never will be one those sites ....
  • »06.04.04 - 19:12
  • Targhan
    Well, in the past, I kept trying to code "The Bar" off of the frontpage via PHP. Some of you may even have saw the results a time or two. (No Latest Posts at all, 1/3 the normal posts on the front page, and, heck, even a time or two where I've killed the entire site!)

Today, I changed my approach, and began looking at what I could do via the SQL queries. it worked, thank the stars above.

Now about the censorship thing, it's really not. I've been trying to do this for a while now. Sometimes, I would get sidetracked, and other times I would just get mad at the code ;-) The timing was actually good, not for the topic of the day, but because there was a problem with the "latest posts" while using Konqueror that I'm now fixing as well. (Konqueror wouldn't see those topics as links.)

About the topic of the day itself, those that want moderation aren't happy either. "That topic is still on MorphZone!", "Get Rid of it!", and my favorite, "MorphZone is for support, not for arguements!" Today, I get to be the big loser, because nobody is happy. Well, guess what? This is a "no win" situation anyway. I catch heat from both sides no matter what I do or don't do.
    Sometimes, being the webmaster suxx.

• »06.04.04 - 19:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Targhan: I have chatted a lot with you on Irc and I belive you. Timing was just .. well, unfortunate.

Ah well, things go on.
    http://somequicknotes.blogspot.com/index.html
  • »06.04.04 - 19:50
  • Targhan
    Thanks Joanna.

However, I must plead with everyone to use "The Bar." I know it's off the front page, but that doesn't mean it's closed off. It's in the forums listings, and one can still just select it as an item in the drop down box when starting a new thread. It's there for everyone's enjoyment.

• »06.04.04 - 20:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Polyhead
    Quote:

Imho, you selec
    etc.

oh ####ing please, there is no question as to why this was done today. Lookslike he is doing as ordered again. I'll give it to buck he knows how to run a tight ship, by making sure nobody has the money to step out of line. The man almost has all his #### packed into one sock at this point.

Its too little too late i'm afraid.
    -Polyhead-
  • »07.04.04 - 01:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    Actually, that had been in the plan all along. It got pushed to the backburner for a while, and it did come back to the top of the list today.

Now, it would have anyway, since I had to fix the "links don't work in konquerer" bug today. The topic itself only made the work on the moving of "The Bar" off of the front page take place about an hour or two earlier than what would have happened anyway.

If I just wanted it off of the front page, I would have simple moved it to a private forum or locked it or something.

• »07.04.04 - 01:50
    Profile Visit Website