#AmigaZeux update corner
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    While we at #AmigaZeux are proud of everything we do, we won't bother you with news items when we do a small update. We will do it here so we won't stand in the way of big news.

At that, here are two fine updates:

Dimscreen V1,2
    MouseTracker V1.1
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »04.09.19 - 20:15
    Stevo
    And here is another fine update from your friends @ #amigazeux:

TopTasks V1.3

With special greetings from the #amigazeux betatesting team
    ---
  • »18.01.20 - 20:22
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    Hello,

Would or could #amigazeux team consider to update aminetradio ? The last version has been released in 2005...

Brumiga
  • »19.01.20 - 14:20
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    judas
    +1 for aminetradio
  • »19.01.20 - 17:55
    KennyR
    AminetRadio has been looked at recently (especially in regard to squashing bugs and implenting a ShoutCast alternative), but the main problem holding things back is that MUI has diverged significantly. The intention is that it should always be an Amiga app that can run on MorphOS, but this is difficult if you have to support (and betatest) MUI 3.8, MUI 3.9, MUI 3.9 on OS4, MUI4 on MorphOS, MUI4 on OS4 and MUI 4 on 68k.

This is incredibly tedious to wade through and the author gelb just doesn't have the same time he used to.
  • »19.01.20 - 19:15
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > this is difficult if you have to support (and betatest) MUI 3.8, MUI 3.9,
    > MUI 3.9 on OS4, MUI4 on MorphOS, MUI4 on OS4 and MUI 4 on 68k.

Let's not forget MUI5 on MorphOS, MUI5 on OS4 and MUI5 on 68k ;-)
  • »19.01.20 - 22:18
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Minuous
    He should just use ReAction and avoid all the headaches :-)
  • »19.01.20 - 22:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Tom01
    I would like to create a Digfilter-DSP Plugin for AminetRadio. But AminetRadio is unfortunately a bit unstable currently.
  • »20.01.20 - 02:50
    Profile Visit Website
    BSzili
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    AminetRadio has been looked at recently (especially in regard to squashing bugs and implenting a ShoutCast alternative), but the main problem holding things back is that MUI has diverged significantly. The intention is that it should always be an Amiga app that can run on MorphOS, but this is difficult if you have to support (and betatest) MUI 3.8, MUI 3.9, MUI 3.9 on OS4, MUI4 on MorphOS, MUI4 on OS4 and MUI 4 on 68k.

This is incredibly tedious to wade through and the author gelb just doesn't have the same time he used to.

AFAIK MUI 3.9 and 4.0 was superseded by 5.0 on all the affected platforms, so testing it with MUI 3.8 on 68k and 5.0 on MOS and OS4 should be enough. I don't think there are many users of 5.0 on 68k, at least not on real machines, as it's quite a resource hog.
    This is just like television, only you can see much further.
  • »21.01.20 - 07:36
    Profile Visit Website
    connor
    It is nice to support everyone but with all the versions that the “MUI for AmigaOS” people released they made it a mess for all users and developers on all platforms. The only useful solution is to support (only) MUI 3.8 for OS3.x and use MUI5 on MOS (maybe on OS3/4 as well if available, but I read of several incompatibilities on OS3/4). If you read OS4 forums, many users went back to use MUI 3.8 for two reasons: (1) they did not have any benefit from higher versions or (2) the higher versions are too slow for them. And the few people who use higher than 3.8 versions: who should use MUI4 if MUI5 is available for free?
  • »23.01.20 - 18:03
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > If you read OS4 forums, many users went back to use MUI 3.8
    > for two reasons: (1) they did not have any benefit from higher
    > versions or (2) the higher versions are too slow for them.

I doubt that OS4 users went back to m68k-only MUI3.8 when OS4 has contained PPC-native MUI3.9 since OS4.0 Developer Pre-release Update 1. And of course they do have benefit from higher versions than MUI3, like being able to run Odyssey. And I also doubt that MUI4 or MUI5 run too slow on their PPC machines.

> who should use MUI4 if MUI5 is available for free?

Indeed, there's no reason to use MUI4 at all, no matter the OS. It's either MUI3 on m68k, or MUI5 on PPC and maybe emulated m68k.
  • »23.01.20 - 18:47
    Cool_amigaN
    Have an even better suggestion, why don't you focus exclusively on MorphOS latest mui?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »24.01.20 - 21:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Get27
    Hi,
    +1 Cool_amigaN
    I remember to have seen some screenshots of new version many years ago...
    PowerMac 3.5, G4 1.0GHz DP, 1GB ram, 80GB HD + NAS, Radeon 9600 128MB Mac, 1680x1050
    PowerMac 7.3, G5 2.3GHz DP, 4GB ram, 160GB HD + NAS, Radeon 9800 128MB PC, 1680x1050
    Amiga 500+, Vampire 500v2+, HxC Floppy
  • »25.01.20 - 19:35
    Profile Visit Website
    Stevo
    And another rather important update:

Screenbar-Plugin V1.1

Important because it fixes a serious bug that freed hotkeys twice and led to crashes when changing f.e. the MUI theme; kind of a biggie, given MorphOS 3.13 new default theme

Get it here!

[ Edited by Stevo 08.02.2020 - 20:53 ]
    ---
  • »08.02.20 - 20:50
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Ooh ... luverly, thanks Stevo
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »08.02.20 - 23:31
    Stevo
    You are welcome, but thanks should go out to Ultragelb really :-)
    ---
  • »09.02.20 - 14:43
    Stevo
    And at that, the man is unstoppable: #AmigaZeux is proud to present another update:

ModernArt Blanker V3.1

Get it while it's still considered fresh
    ---
  • »09.02.20 - 17:05
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Is it okay to post bug reports here?

There is a bug in Testpaint if you have the zoom window open and then zoom-out so that the window is bigger then the zoomed area.
    The cursor isn't under the mouse pointer anymore! The more you zoom-out the greater is the difference.

Also could you allow Testpaint's window to be bigger then the picture?
    Maybe add some HVSpacing around the draw area?

Now its only possible to make the window as big as the picture and if the picture is very small (f.e. 20x20) it looks a bit hmm
  • »14.02.20 - 13:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    ultragelb
    Quote:

igracki wrote:
    Is it okay to post bug reports here?

There is a bug in Testpaint if you have the zoom window open and then zoom-out so that the window is bigger then the zoomed area.
    The cursor isn't under the mouse pointer anymore! The more you zoom-out the greater is the difference.

Ok, I've fixed this. There is actually another option that goes along fixing the offset problem and would just make the offset problem never happen:
    Prevent the window from becoming bigger than the actual zoomed area and also resize the window when zoomed area becomes smaller. There's an #ifdef in the code now that does just this but it's disabled for now.
    Do you think resizing the window makes any sense? I've found it a bit irritating having the zoom window suddenly resize when playing around with the mouse wheel. But from GUI perspective it makes sense.

Quote:

Also could you allow Testpaint's window to be bigger then the picture?
    Maybe add some HVSpacing around the draw area?

Now its only possible to make the window as big as the picture and if the picture is very small (f.e. 20x20) it looks a bit hmm

I've added spacing around the drawing area, so it's centered now. Instead of centering the paint object it could just sit in left/top corner of the area and have the right/bottom area expand. What do you think?

I've uploaded a beta version with the changes to http://ultragelb.com/beta/Screenshot_sbar.lha
  • »15.02.20 - 11:34
    Profile Visit Website
    Stevo
    And the man can't be stopped. I might even missed some stuff, but here you go: Uptime Screenbar-Plugin V1.3 \o/
    ---
  • »14.04.20 - 22:08
    Stevo
    And the updates keep coming! We are pleased to present Screenbar-Plugin V1.2, enjoy!
    ---
  • »15.04.20 - 20:43
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Please , please , we want an update bugfix of AminetRadio, the best audio player ever...
  • »15.04.20 - 23:13
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    I totally overlooked that you answered my report just one day later! Sorry!

Quote:

ultragelb wrote:

Ok, I've fixed this. There is actually another option that goes along fixing the offset problem and would just make the offset problem never happen:
    Prevent the window from becoming bigger than the actual zoomed area and also resize the window when zoomed area becomes smaller. There's an #ifdef in the code now that does just this but it's disabled for now.
    Do you think resizing the window makes any sense? I've found it a bit irritating having the zoom window suddenly resize when playing around with the mouse wheel. But from GUI perspective it makes sense.

I would also find it a bit strange if the window would resize while I zoom with the mouse wheel.
    It could like it is now in v1.2.

Quote:

I've added spacing around the drawing area, so it's centered now. Instead of centering the paint object it could just sit in left/top corner of the area and have the right/bottom area expand. What do you think?

Centering is better than having it sit in the top/left corner.
    May show a frame around the whole area?

And would it be possible to zoom directly in the drawing area (with mouse wheel)? Without an extra zoom window? As an option?
    Pressing the zoom button with the LMB could zoom in, pressing it with the RMB could zoom out and pressing it with MMB would reset the zoom, that would be perfect;-)
  • »15.04.20 - 23:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    @acepeg,

I already suggested/proposed the same 3 month ago. See my comment #3.

Brumiga
  • »16.04.20 - 09:34