ATi X1900 XT vs X1900 XTX : No difference?
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    Hello,

Picked up the ATi x1900 XTX yesterday. Its a Crucial branded one. It shows its the XTX version, but after checking with the GraphicBoards utility, it came up as the same as my X1900 XT, exactly that. Also, clocking for the GPU/CPU were exactly the same.

Both are PC and not mac. Tested the card on Quake 3 on a Quad 2.5 GHz G5 Mac. I will run through the test completely as I did for the X1900 XT before taking it out for the X1900 XTX. For 1600x1200 max settings and of course r_primitives and setenv TGLSYNC 0 in shell, it did the same exact FPS as the 1900 XT.

I was hoping it was clocked maybe a bit faster or at least gain even a couple of FPS, but by the looks of it, virtually no difference.
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »06.12.19 - 22:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    Maybe someone already raised the clocks on your XT to match the XTX. Reference spec difference between XT and XTX is very small. There are some higher clocked cards though.

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=377&card2=378
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »07.12.19 - 09:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    Quote:

Korni wrote:
    Maybe someone already raised the clocks on your XT to match the XTX. Reference spec difference between XT and XTX is very small. There are some higher clocked cards though.

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=377&card2=378

It looks like the x1950 XTX may top the two x1900 cards as it has a 1 GHz memory clock VS the 1900 XTX. Just found it strange that even on the frequency are both the same on each card, maybe even underclocked alittle?
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »07.12.19 - 21:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Yes, and the X1950XTX uses GDRR4 memory (which is probably why it can clock its vram higher).

They aren't that hard to find, but can a little pricey.

Personally, I'm sticking with an Apple X1900GT.
    Although I need a replacement as mine has started artifacting.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »10.12.19 - 10:52
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Personally, I'm sticking with an Apple X1900GT.
    Although I need a replacement as mine has started artifacting.

Look at the "debug" screenbar module just after system start. If there's a "Failed to initialise Radeon DMA" entry then artifacts in 3D games are quite "normal". One time in a few reboots I don't get that message and everything works OK (with my X850XT).
  • »10.12.19 - 11:08