Active window showing up behind inactive window
  • Just looking around
    Newby question here but thanks for listening.

It seems that when I click on a window, it pushes to the back. Any way to fix that? Happens on every one.
  • »11.09.19 - 01:09
  • Just looking around
    Thank you for responding.

I've looked through the options and still not able to change the behavior.

Two things:
    - any new window (or drop down) appears behind the caller. clicking on main caller will bring to front. example is OWB when closing. the quit yes/no appears behind the main app window
    - when I click the main calling window it brings called to the front or pushes caller to the back (perspective).

Thanks for advice!
  • »11.09.19 - 11:08
  • Just looking around
    Let me check.
  • »11.09.19 - 20:54
  • Just looking around
    Issue does not happen off of live CD.

REinstalled MOS and it appeared to be good. Then with Chrysalis the issue returned. Last night I changed the Screen Theme and the issue went away. Change to another Theme and it's back.

Frustrating.

Mac Mini G4
  • »13.09.19 - 21:08
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

Then with Chrysalis the issue returned. Last night I changed the Screen Theme and the issue went away. Change to another Theme and it's back.

It might help if you shared the name of the window skin that is causing issues for you.
  • »16.09.19 - 11:18
  • Just looking around
    Thank you for responding. Appears not to be linked to skins as it happens with most.
  • »17.09.19 - 11:10
  • Just looking around
    In summary, clicking on any window pushes it to the back.

With OWB, clicking close [x] results in the dialog [yes/no] box appearing behind the main window.

With E-UAE, specifically rhLaunch, the selection for ROM folder in settings results in the location window appearing behind main rhLaunch window.

Hope this helps.
  • »17.09.19 - 11:16
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    Does it happen when you emulate mouse buttons with the keyboard? LCOMMAND + LALT = LMB, RCOMMAND + RALT = RMB.

In your other thread you mentioned some problems with a keyboard, disconnect it and try without.

Open Exchange and look for programs which can change mouse/keyboard behaviour. For example MMKeyboard.

Some programs can also start from WBStartup, or S:User-startup.

Delete settings files (ENVARC:sys/icontrol.conf, ENVARC:sys/poseidon.prefs) and reboot, backup these first if needed.
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »23.09.19 - 19:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Korni thank you.

Exchange -> Lucy ->Operation Mode to off. Fixed IT!
  • »23.09.19 - 21:53
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

bigwall68 wrote:
    Issue does not happen off of live CD.

REinstalled MOS and it appeared to be good. Then with Chrysalis the issue returned. Last night I changed the Screen Theme and the issue went away. Change to another Theme and it's back.

Frustrating.

Mac Mini G4

Please contact the maintainer of Chrysalis and let him/them know which theme is broken, so they can fix it and it won't be repeated when/if they make a new version of Chrysalis for MorphOS3.12, or later versions of MorphOS.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »24.09.19 - 07:48