Photos and videos from Vectorama 2019
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Finnish Amiga Users Group participated in Vectorama 2019 online gaming event in Oulu, Finland, by arranging an Amiga stand and several games competitions. The event was successful and gathered over 2000 visitors.

Photos and videos from the event have been released at the Finnish Amiga Users Group's event page.

The user group would also like to thank the following partners who boosted our stand with their support: Vectorama organizers, Retro Rewind magazine, Skrolli magazine, Cloanto, PixelGlass & AMIGA.net.pl, RETREAM & RGCD, Aleksandr Manzos & Avain, Maija Saraste, Eienet, and Kempeleen kunta & Kempeleen kirjasto. You helped to make our stand and competitions glorious!

About Finnish Amiga Users Group: Finnish Amiga Users Group is a registered, non-profit organization dedicated to helping Finnish Amiga computer users by preserving and advancing the Amiga hobby and knowledge of the Amiga computing platform in Finland. The group aims to reach its goals through volunteer efforts such as maintaining a web site and discussion forum and organizing events.

PS. we had several MorphOS computers for management and presentation at the event. One iBook was for visitors to enter into games competitions and submit their scores. The scores were then automatically uploaded to Mac mini which took care of the infoscreens, and the scores were updated in real-time on two info displays. Software-wise everything was made with Hollywood.
  • »16.06.19 - 12:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    Awesome, seems a lot of fun! How did you setup worms? It was played on one machine? It was team based? Which version did you use? Spill all the details :)

On 30-31/03 we held the annual amicamp and run a swos 16/17 championship (won the title for 2nd time :P) and a high-score league of Worthy. Btw final match on swos was against Tsak who is the graphic artist of Pixel Glass :)

Idk if you have checked morphos fans group on fcbk but I have posted a dual screen morphos setup. If you combine it with your tuorial for 4 joystics on e-uae from morphos.library, we can now setup teamplayer championships: i.e. over the net, tv sports basketball or even 4-way multiplayer but with more space for everyone to sit down like on skidmarks, bomberman etc.
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »16.06.19 - 18:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Awesome, seems a lot of fun! How did you setup worms? It was played on one machine? It was team based? Which version did you use? Spill all the details :)

We played it on four machines simultaneously, max 4 players per machine and limited the participants to 16 to make everything easier (allowed more players to other compos where it's easier to qualify). Winners of these four simultaneous qualifying round games advanced to semi-finals which were one-on-one matches and winners got in the gold game and losers to the bronze game (earlier we have taken all four to the final game, but thought to make it quicker by this solution this year, and easier to see the final order).

We have been using Worms DC WHDLoad version. Qualifying games were for two wins to let everyone play properly, but semi-finals for one win... and bronze game for one win too, but the gold game for two wins again. We increased dynamites and sheeps to two, restricted blow torch and drill to two, and disabled girders completely to get the matches to end in reasonable time. Maybe it'd be better to disable blow torch and drill completely too, these things tend to make games too static.

Quote:

On 30-31/03 we held the annual amicamp and run a swos 16/17 championship (won the title for 2nd time :P) and a high-score league of Worthy. Btw final match on swos was against Tsak who is the graphic artist of Pixel Glass :)

Cool! We've had Worthy as hiscore game at two our events now. This time we also had SkillGrid as second hiscore game and it seemed to be a good solution to have one game that needed more thinking and another more hectic shoot'em up.. both games found their own fans :)

Quote:

Idk if you have checked morphos fans group on fcbk but I have posted a dual screen morphos setup. If you combine it with your tuorial for 4 joystics on e-uae from morphos.library, we can now setup teamplayer championships: i.e. over the net, tv sports basketball or even 4-way multiplayer but with more space for everyone to sit down like on skidmarks, bomberman etc.

I don't use fb much, so haven't seen that :) Let me know if you get e-uae to work with four joysticks.. I've only tested this kind of setup with Wings Battlefield... and of course 4-player adapters on real Amigas, but not in emulation.
  • »17.06.19 - 16:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    Check here, here and here (performance isn't affected at all on screen mirroring as it can be seen on Q3A photo taken).

I have ordered 2 TGS sticks and will order soon 2 DB9<->USB adapters from Retronic (I have 2 already and are confirmed to work flawlessly). Hope to conclude some tests on 4-way e-uae setup within July.

Think this is pretty much the best possible setup for multiplayer on classic amiga games (apart from a video wall/projector).
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »19.06.19 - 18:06
    Profile Visit Website