Problems running synergy
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _ThEcRoW
    Hello all, just noticed that synergy was included in Morphos and tried to get it running between my mos machine(mac mini g4) and my macbook pro. Since i need a keyboard attached on the mini in order to select the mos partition at start i launched the mini as server, and configured at the right the macbook. Problem is, that i launch synergyc from bash in macbook and it says connected, but cant really see anything happening. Is necessary to configure the screens one by one on a config file?. I have been reading into using it on linux boxes, but for morphos there are not much info.
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Mac Mini G4 1,4ghz 1gb ram & MorphOS 3.11
  • »22.01.19 - 13:25
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    https://library.morph.zone/Applications/Synergy

Make sure names are right, so your macbook is set with a right ip address in Hosts, in MorphOS preferences. Same for macmini in hosts file on other systems.

For MorphOS machine as a client:

Basically, on MorphOS side you only need to provide a server address and client name. On server side you type your MorphOS client name, it's no different from other platforms.

For MorphOS machine as a server:

On server side type client name in a grid. On client side just type morphos machine name (or ip).

[ Edited by Korni 23.01.2019 - 17:03 ]
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »22.01.19 - 15:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _ThEcRoW
    Are you referring to a hosts file in morphos?. Is morphos using that as is done on a unix system?. Also i have checked the folder of synergy but cannot see config files, only a file called screens that states the position of the connected machines.
  • »23.01.19 - 12:45
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    hosts file is in envarc:net/hosts, can be edited via system preferences or text editor. Synergy (besides screens.txt) stores its settings in envarc:mui in IFF format and you can just use Synergy gui to setup.
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »23.01.19 - 15:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Minuous
    Is this format documented anywhere?
  • »23.01.19 - 17:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Minuous
    @Korni:

I know all about IFF of course, I meant the Synergy-specific chunk(s). As I could then add interpretation of such chunk(s) to the Report+ utility.

[ Edited by Minuous 24.01.2019 - 04:55 ]
  • »23.01.19 - 18:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    This is a standard MUI settings IFF file, there are no Synergy specific chunks there.
  • »24.01.19 - 06:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _ThEcRoW
    I still got nothing to work here. On commandline from the macbook, it says is connected, but it do nothing as i move cursor trying to go off screen. Will keep trying with a different approach.
  • »25.01.19 - 13:13
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    You need to be a bit more specific if you expect us to help. Reading your posts it seems to me that you’re a bit confused. If you want to move your MacBook’s mouse to the MorphOS screen, then you have to run a server on the Mac and Synergyclient on MorphOS and make it connect to the Mac. As a rule of thumb, server is where the mouse/kb you’re using are connected.
  • »25.01.19 - 13:58
    Profile Visit Website