Problems with yweather sbar
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    @ Igracki

Any comments as to why it aborted the installation?

I already said that my Install script isn't a script for the Installer!

It's a simple Amiga DOS script which asks if you want to install/upgrade and then copies the needed files to the correct place!

So no need to change any tooltype!
    Quote:

Also, I was looking at the ScreenGrab of the yWeather_settings.png, and spotted a Screenbar module called WebRadio - something I haven't seen available anywhere else for download - so, is there any release/download I ought to be aware of?

No, it's not available yet.
    It's working good though it needs just some love to the settings;)
  • »12.01.19 - 05:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Yea, the Installer tool is for the Installer scripts, which are using their own scripting language.

The IconX tool is for the shell/dos scripts, which are just plain batch files of shell commands.

Some developers, like me and igracki, are just too lazy to learn the Installer syntax or don't see it necessary for a small projects, and just use small clever shell scripts as installation scripts :)
  • »12.01.19 - 07:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

igracki wrote: I already said that my Install script isn't a script for the Installer!
    It's a simple Amiga DOS script which asks if you want to install/upgrade and then copies the needed files to the correct place!

Of course it's not, I should have realised with the more word like syntax, apologies for that.
    Quote:

igracki wrote: So no need to change any tooltype!

That seemed to be necessary, as double-clicking on it just opened the script file to view it as a text file, but adding the IconX tooltype fixed it for me, and ran it as you intended it to, though I suppose I could have just "executed" it? :-?

@ Igracki - Screenbar module called WebRadio - available anywhere to download
    Quote:

igracki wrote: No, it's not available yet. It's working good though it needs just some love to the settings;)

Well that would be nice to see implemented once it's fully stable, and functional, expecially if it can download/save any live radio/music stream, as a WAV, OGG or MP3, etc., and maybe in the future other suitably streamable media. ;-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »13.01.19 - 14:28