Is possible download videos from youtube with the new format
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    With OWB is possible download the new videos from youtube for example from ello.tv, now the videos are playing using Flash and the video and song are separated.
  • »15.10.18 - 17:14
  • ASiegel
    First of all, if you have problems downloading via MorphOS for some reason, there are websites that handle YouTube downloads. You will just need to provide a valid YouTube video URL.

There are numerous websites doing this. They are easy to find by doing an internet search.

ello.to appears to embed links to plain mp4 videos on its website. You can find them in the HTML. Someone could write a dedicated user script to streamline the process of downloading I assume.
  • »15.10.18 - 19:02
    KennyR
    You will not be able to download without conversion. But as Andreas says, there are websites that offer this.
  • »16.10.18 - 23:05
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Do you have any example video which can't be downloaded, for example, by Odyssey itself while playing (copy the stream url from the network activity window, open that, select "download media")? Or do you want to download in some different formats that's not offered to OWB for playing?
  • »17.10.18 - 06:01
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    Quote:

jPV escribió:
    Do you have any example video which can't be downloaded, for example, by Odyssey itself while playing (copy the stream url from the network activity window, open that, select "download media")? Or do you want to download in some different formats that's not offered to OWB for playing?

Still not, I want download several videos to see them offline, but currently wirh Windows browser is very complicated and I think in our OWB.
  • »17.10.18 - 17:14
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    For me, when I use v1.25 of OWB, on YouTube, and often on other sites, once a video has started playing then if you right-click over the playing video, you get the YouTube menu options, but then right click again, and you get the OWB menu options among which is the option to download the media file, which is what I often do, and then play it back at my own convenience, and in a window/screen that is more suitable to me viewing it in a more user-friendly way. 8-)

If the video won't play/start then it probably is in a format that OWB/MorphOS cannot handle, and if it's on YouTube then I often transfer the link to an online video download service like SaveFrom.net and that usually offers video formats that MorphOS can handle, for many of the video files that I pass to that service to be able to save/view the files, one way or another. 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »17.10.18 - 21:01