Amiblitz 3
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    tolkien
    I have tried the latest version of Amiblitz 3 with MorphOS 3.9 but It seems is a bit unstable in my system.
    Have you got any experience with it? Some examples simply locks the system.

You can download the latest snapshot from here:
    Amiblitz download
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »18.09.16 - 22:44
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Interesting! Since there is a BlitzBasic programming course starting in the AmigaFuture magazine I will have a look at it as the course progresses.

But isn't Amiblitz somehow tied to the classic Amiga Chipset? Maybe that's causing the crashes?
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »25.09.16 - 07:14
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > But isn't Amiblitz somehow tied to the classic Amiga Chipset?

"BlitzBasic was designed to develop games for Classic Amigas, with direct support for the classic hardware, such as OCS/AGA chipset or Paula for audio. Over the years, especially when BlitzBasic became Amiblitz, the system conform parts were more and more developed, leading to a programming language that can be used for other hardware too, such as x86 running Amithlon or WinUAE, PPCs running AmigaOS4 or MorphOS, as long as the OS API is compatible and the OS is able to execute 68K code."
    http://www.hd-rec.de/AmiBlitz3/abstract.html
  • »25.09.16 - 07:45
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Thanks for the clarification!
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »25.09.16 - 16:54
    tolkien
    Amiblitz runs better without using the Debugger. The Debugger use the fpu so perhaps is a not emulated fpu instruction? Who knows...
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »26.09.16 - 17:55
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Quote:

tolkien wrote:
    Amiblitz runs better without using the Debugger. The Debugger use the fpu so perhaps is a not emulated fpu instruction? Who knows...

That's unfortunate.
    Altogether, even without debugger it seems a bit unstable.
  • »28.09.17 - 20:46
  • fx
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    fx
    When I tried it ages ago on my Amiga 4000 I had stability issues aswell, so I went back to the older Blitz Basic.
  • »29.09.17 - 09:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    I did run AmiBlitz3 on MorpOS 3.10/3.11 for testing and although I did not experience problems with the AmiBlitz3 program itself, I found that the resulting executables did not work as expected on MorphOS.

I did start on that Amiga Future tutorial, but spun off as soon as I learned how to create a basic OS friendly GUI with some gadtools buttons and strings. It turned into a small project to make some sort of GUI driven text adventure intended for my kids to play with.

It works well enaugh using it in AmiKit (winuae), but running the executable on MorphOS it acts strange.
    I found that if I use the MouseWait command in my program, it will not work in MorpOS. I could get around this by using waitevent instead. Also I have some counters not working properly, so I guess that is the timer function that does not work properly. A third issue is that it does not seem to be able to read content from gadtools stings.
    I probably can find a way around these issues as well, but there are probably more issues that I havent seen yet. This is a bit sad, since Blitz seem to be an easy (and Free) way to get started with programming.
  • »11.09.18 - 09:24