cycle screen with middle mouse button
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    I use many years with Freewheel tool the cycle screen with the middle mouse button .
    It very nice for me .
    are other people to do that ?

A tip to import that to MorphOS ?

Now in MorphOS 3.10 is the middle mouse button for the inline editing by Ambient.
    The choice for inline editing with left mouse long in gone by Ambient MorphOS 3.10.

Or i can't find it ....

I have a conflict for use middle mouse button for cycle screen and inline editing.
  • »03.05.18 - 19:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    First of all you donĀ“t need a tool for that.

Mostly all tricks used on classic AmigaOS are build into MorphOS, so the related commodities are obsolete.

Just go to system preferences -> input and browse down the list until you find "Screen to back" or so (no clue the english name), press the symbol at the end, select add hotkey. Press the symbol on the newly appeared list entry and select record key.

Now simply hold the middle mouse button until it appears in the key field. Press save and you have screen flipping with middle mouse button right out of the box without any additional tool.

Inline edit is just a quick way to perform it. You can always use context menu rename or context menu -> information to edit the file attirubtes.

However I agree there should be a fix for this. Long press with the left button and/or a way to confiure the behaviour in Ambient.

[ Edited by geit 04.05.2018 - 11:12 ]
  • »04.05.18 - 09:11
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    Bad thing about IControl - You can only assign a single hotkey to a command. If you want multiple, use Poseidon USB Preferences. MMKeyboard is also nice, but doesn't support mice.

hidclass.png

Inline rename should be just besides rename in Ambient Hotkey Preferences.
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »04.05.18 - 09:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    Ohhh. I slap myself. It's missing in Ambient Hotkey Preferences though :P.
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »04.05.18 - 09:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    And I even stated that in the description :D

And as far as I remember MMKeyboard does support mouse hotkeys, just not for recording.

[ Edited by geit 04.05.2018 - 12:36 ]
  • »04.05.18 - 10:34