The wait for 3.10 :(
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Current development MorphOS versions are frequently demonstrated, so I don't think it's an issue of secrecy really, more a security issue: they don't want it to be leaked.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »23.09.17 - 15:07
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

asrael22 wrote:
    Why all the secrecy about MorphOS 3.10?

As mentioned before, its not about secrecy, its about security, the beta just can't be distributed, it wouldn't be fair to the development team.
    So if its to be given to a user to demo, I'm sure they'd prefer it be someone they know and are familiar with (so, its not a secrecy issue, its about trust).

Luckily David will be there to demo MorphOS, and I'm absolutely certain he's responsible enough to make sure no copies are made of this pre-release OS. Dave's been a supporter of MorphOS for a long time (and even shipped a heavy G5 system to Mark at one point).
    And for that matter, Acill is well known in the Amiga community, and his repair work has helped a number of people.

OK, so, to update, I just talked to Aaron at Amiga On The Lake, an he has a developer friend who is attending, so he's going to contact him about sharing his hotel room. So HEY! Acill won't be sleeping in his truck.

Aaron also agreed to supply a video card if my HD 6750 isn't suited to the current beta.
    If you guys haven't realized it yet, I'm a big fan of Amiga On The Lake, primarily because I think Aaron has a good grasp of basic business principles, he offers great prices, and superior support.

IF we can pull this all together, we'll have a demo of MorphOS on the latest AmigaOne to show to the attendees of AmiWest '017.

Personally, I like this platform (and with regard to the naysayers, I WILL be buying one), so I for one want to see OUR OS demoed on it (after all, MorphOS IS better than OS4 ;-) ).
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »23.09.17 - 16:06
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

asrael22 wrote:
    Why all the secrecy about MorphOS 3.10?

As mentioned before, its not about secrecy, its about security, the beta just can't be distributed, it wouldn't be fair to the development team.
    So if its to be given to a user to demo, I'm sure they'd prefer it be someone they know and are familiar with (so, its not a secrecy issue, its about trust).

Luckily David will be there to demo MorphOS, and I'm absolutely certain he's responsible enough to make sure no copies are made of this pre-release OS. Dave's been a supporter of MorphOS for a long time (and even shipped a heavy G5 system to Mark at one point).
    And for that matter, Acill is well known in the Amiga community, and his repair work has helped a number of people.

OK, so, to update, I just talked to Aaron at Amiga On The Lake, an he has a developer friend who is attending, so he's going to contact him about sharing his hotel room. So HEY! Acill won't be sleeping in his truck.

Aaron also agreed to supply a video card if my HD 6750 isn't suited to the current beta.
    If you guys haven't realized it yet, I'm a big fan of Amiga On The Lake, primarily because I think Aaron has a good grasp of basic business principles, he offers great prices, and superior support.

IF we can pull this all together, we'll have a demo of MorphOS on the latest AmigaOne to show to the attendees of AmiWest '017.

Personally, I like this platform (and with regard to the naysayers, I WILL be buying one), so I for one want to see OUR OS demoed on it (after all, MorphOS IS better than OS4 ;-) ).

Awese, and I do plan to show up. It's just then when Saturday I can get in. Certainly before noon though.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »23.09.17 - 17:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    Awese, and I do plan to show up. It's just then when Saturday I can get in. Certainly before noon though.

I mentioned Aaron at AOTL was talking to a friend about his room reservation...well that didn't work out, but we're still ready to help with the hardware you'll need.
    I still need to hear back from Bigfoot about the beta, and what video card would work best.
    We already know your SB Live audio card is supported.

I've sent a PM to AmigaDave about space at his MorphOS demo table, but Dave's a big supporter of both Aeon and MorphOS, so I'd be surprised if it was an issue.

Anyone have any alternatives on the hotel room?

[ Edited by Jim 23.09.2017 - 15:28 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »23.09.17 - 18:12
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    is just uboot (new)
  • »26.03.18 - 13:57
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > is just uboot (new)

What's that supposed to mean?