Pegasos 2 and USB 2.0 NEC PCI cards
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Jeckel
    I noticed something strange dealing with NEC USB 2.0 PCI cards on Pegasos 2.

I'm using a NEC based PCI card since ages without any trouble.
    It is working fine aside the built-in VIA USB 1.1 (which I still need because of a device not working properly in USB 2.0).

Since I needed additional USB 2.0 ports, I added a 2nd NEC USB 2.0 PCI card (exactly the same as the 1st one).
    I can see it with ShowConfig, but Poseidon still only see the 1st NEC card and the built-in USB, even if I manually add a device. Nothing.

Then I replaced the 2nd NEC card by another NEC Card (different but same chipset). And here, I have a different behavior. I can see both NEC cards in Poseidon, but the built-in USB 1.0 is gone! Of course, ShowConfig still shows all the boards.

Is there a trick or did I find a bug?
  • »22.02.18 - 16:01
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Jeckel wrote:
    I noticed something strange dealing with NEC USB 2.0 PCI cards on Pegasos 2.

I'm using a NEC based PCI card since ages without any trouble.
    It is working fine aside the built-in VIA USB 1.1 (which I still need because of a device not working properly in USB 2.0).

Since I needed additional USB 2.0 ports, I added a 2nd NEC USB 2.0 PCI card (exactly the same as the 1st one).
    I can see it with ShowConfig, but Poseidon still only see the 1st NEC card and the built-in USB, even if I manually add a device. Nothing.

Then I replaced the 2nd NEC card by another NEC Card (different but same chipset). And here, I have a different behavior. I can see both NEC cards in Poseidon, but the built-in USB 1.0 is gone! Of course, ShowConfig still shows all the boards.

Is there a trick or did I find a bug?

I've heard of such behaviour (with a NEC based PCI USB controller, but in a PowerMac G5. When plugged in it makes the inbuilt ports dissapear). From what I know it's been already reported as bug, but I'd give it a shot anyway.
  • »22.02.18 - 20:10