Playing chiptunes
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    I downloaded Hermes and was impressed with the music. Reminded me of the old days and listening to various cracktros etc.
    I then googled and found chiptunes.com and downloaded a tune which was a .nsf file. Supposedly, unless I read wrong, AmiNetRadio plays this type of file. It didnt. Am I doing something wrong or is there a piece of software I can use to play chiptunes?

EDIT:
    SidPlay on AmiNet works for sid files. PlaySID complains about CIA Timers in use. That takes care of the sid's unless someone knows of a better app that doesnt max the CPU. Still need the .nsf files tho.

[ Edited by TheMagicM 13.09.2017 - 18:34 ]
  • »14.09.17 - 00:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Yep.. I have the Geronto.player.elf in the ANR/players directory. Still not working.

Yep..found my old thread before I posted which led me to Aminet for sidplay. I havent tried sid4amiga yet though.

edit: sid4amiga is good...no issues with SID tunes.

[ Edited by TheMagicM 13.09.2017 - 21:31 ]
  • »14.09.17 - 03:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I have the Geronto.player.elf in the ANR/players directory. Still not working.

Do you also have GerontoPlayer.library in Libs:?

> I havent tried sid4amiga yet though.

You wrote "I tried Sid4Amiga off of Aminet, works well." a year ago in comment #4 of that thread :-)
  • »14.09.17 - 21:12
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

You wrote "I tried Sid4Amiga off of Aminet, works well." a year ago in comment #4 of that thread :-)

well. Looks like I forgot. LOL. I'll check out if I copied that file to LIBS: I know its in the ANR libs dir though.
  • »15.09.17 - 20:39
    Profile Visit Website