Why no control keys in MUICON?
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Hi all.

I'm wondering why control keys (Ctrl-C/D/E/F) don't have an effect in MUICON. Also, traditional AmigaDOS-style Ctrl-\ does not send EOF. Is it a peculiarity of MorphOS's DOS reimplementation, or MUICON, or some kind of console.device reimplementation, or...?

I've been trying to work with Python (see another post in the forums reporting this issue) and other CLI utilities (trying to port a newer Perl so there can be a port of the newer AmiSSL), and the absence of these control-key combinations is inconvenient and puzzling.

The only solution I've found is to click the button to close the MUICON page or close the MUICON window, which seems to send the proper interrupt signal.

Still no answer for how to send an EOF signal.

Any ideas?

Thanks
  • »09.08.17 - 15:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Ctrl-C/D/E/F work just fine, unless you managed to remove the hotkeys for those in MUICON's settings. Window close gadget just iconifies the window if it cannot abort the running command, by the way.

One problem you might be seeing is that ixemul does not forward those signals to vforked subprograms. Those can still be aborted with TaskManager. This is an issue unrelated to MUICON.

Btw. not that I mind you updating perl, but wouldn't it be less work to just fix the perl scripts to work with older perl? (yeah, I'm lying to myself now, I know that perl is a "write once, change never" language).
  • »09.08.17 - 16:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    I'm also missing EOF but Amiga-Q works quite often.
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1 17", MorphOS 3.18
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.18
  • »09.08.17 - 18:37