MorphOS counter.
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Jeckel wrote:
    All we can say is that the user base is (very) small. :)

But sells surprisingly well, IMHO :) I think daily sales (I think majority of these numbers are actually sales) for anything Amiga related is a good achievement, and it's been steadily like that all the years.
  • »16.03.17 - 10:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >>>> There's no way we can know the number of users. Not even the MorphOS team can.

>>> Sure. I own 3 licenses (Pegasos 2, Efika, PowerBook) and I am a single user.
    >>> I guess I'm not the only one.

>> I don't understand.

> I just tell that I agree with you and that this counter has no relation with the users.

Ah okay. Sorry for misreading. I thought you meant "sure" as "sure we can".
  • »16.03.17 - 10:47
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >>>> There's no way we can know the number of users. Not even the MorphOS team can.

>>> Sure. I own 3 licenses (Pegasos 2, Efika, PowerBook) and I am a single user.

>> I don't understand.

> I just tell that I agree with you and that this counter has no relation with the users.

I don't really want to argue this topic, because I don't care how many exact users we have, but, I do believe that if the MorphOS Dev. Team wanted to know (maybe they already do this), they could keep a database of individual registered users, and list which compatible computers they have registered. The only inaccuracies that I can think of happening from this imagined database would be from MorphOS computers that stop working, or stop being used to run MorphOS, and the owners fail to ask for a replacement registration for another compatible computer, and for the few registered MorphOS computers that are sold to different users, who do not request that the name on the registration be changed, but continue to run MorphOS on such systems.

Over all, I think the MorphOS Dev. Team could, or already does, know approximately how many MorphOS users there are, if they care to know.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »17.03.17 - 00:33
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    OlafSch
    here is a statement from geit about the value of the counter:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=14&topic_id=5875&viewmode=flat&sortorder=0&start=375

[ Editiert durch OlafSch 17.03.2017 - 14:18 ]
  • »17.03.17 - 14:16
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

OlafSch wrote:
    here is a statement from geit about the value of the counter:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=14&topic_id=5875&viewmode=flat&sortorder=0&start=375

[ Editiert durch OlafSch 17.03.2017 - 14:18 ]

That statement from geit confirms that the number the community is using to track the number of MorphOS registrations, has little to do with the actual number of active MorphOS computers in use, or the number of actual MorphOS users, but it does not confirm or deny that the MorphOS Dev. Team uses any other means to keep track of how many users there are, or which users are using which hardware.

As I said, I no longer care to know exactly how many MorphOS users there are in our community (though, out of curiosity, of course I would like to know the number). My last message was just to point out that the MorphOS Dev. Team "Could" know the number of users, "IF" they wanted to track that number, using the method I described, or some other method, and that such method would be fairly accurate. Most, or maybe ALL MorphOS Dev. Team members, probably don't care to know exactly how many MorphOS users there are, but they might know a pretty good estimated number, if any of them have discussed the topic, with, or without even trying to track such number.
  • »17.03.17 - 16:10
  • Just looking around
    Tom4hawk
    Hi!

After years of lurking (few years ago I've even had MacMini from polish initiative "Wypozyczanka/wedrowniczek" and wrote blog post about that) I've finally decided to buy appropriate hardware and system ;)
    Hopefully it won't take another 5 years to download SDK and write some software...

3584, I received my e-mail at exactly 00:00, 31 March 2017
    Powerbook5.5
    PowerBook5.5 G4 1500MHz|1.5GB DDR2|Radeon 9700 64MB|80GB Spinning Rust|MorphOS 3.9
  • »30.03.17 - 23:56
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    In_Correct
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

>> I don't understand.

I don't really want to argue this topic, because I don't care how many exact users we have, but, I do believe that if the MorphOS Dev. Team wanted to know (maybe they already do this), they could keep a database of individual registered users, and list which compatible computers they have registered. The only inaccuracies that I can think of happening from this imagined database would be from MorphOS computers that stop working, or stop being used to run MorphOS, and the owners fail to ask for a replacement registration for another compatible computer, and for the few registered MorphOS computers that are sold to different users, who do not request that the name on the registration be changed, but continue to run MorphOS on such systems.

Over all, I think the MorphOS Dev. Team could, or already does, know approximately how many MorphOS users there are, if they care to know.

How is this done?
    :-) I Support Quark Microkernel. :-D
  • »31.03.17 - 04:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> request that the name on the registration be changed

> How is this done?

Use RegTool with your new data on the already registered machine.
  • »31.03.17 - 08:42
  • Just looking around
    jarokuczi
    Hi and welcome all comunity members,

My registration number is 3613 on iBook G4.
  • »04.05.17 - 16:21
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

jarokuczi wrote:
    Hi and welcome all comunity members,

Welcome to the MorphOS community jarokuczi (if this is your first MorphOS compatible computer) and welcome to MorphZone (after seeing this was your 1st post to these forums).
  • »08.05.17 - 22:07
  • Just looking around
    jarokuczi
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:

Welcome to the MorphOS community jarokuczi (if this is your first MorphOS compatible computer) and welcome to MorphZone (after seeing this was your 1st post to these forums).

Hi,
    This is my first MorphOS compatibile computer. I also have PowerMac G5. I registered it on iBook becouse i am using it more often.
  • »09.05.17 - 04:36
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

jarokuczi wrote:

On which day did you register?
  • »09.05.17 - 20:03
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    Quote:

jarokuczi wrote:

I assume you want the date from the email he received that contains the registration number, not the actual date he sent his request for registration with the reg tool from running on MorphOS. Is that correct?
  • »09.05.17 - 20:17
  • Just looking around
    jarokuczi
    Quote:

koszer wrote:

Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I assume you want the date from the email he received that contains the registration number, not the actual date he sent his request for registration with the reg tool from running on MorphOS. Is that correct?

I sent my registration on 03.05.17. Paid 04.05.17 and same day i received my key.
  • »10.05.17 - 04:31
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    analogkid
    Nr. 3630, a G4 Quicksilver desktop replacing my dead G4 Gigabit. So no new user this time.
  • »14.05.17 - 13:59
  • fx
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    fx
    I got 3701 when I registered MorphOS (2nd computer) yesterday (July 13th, 2017)
  • »14.07.17 - 06:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    yakumo9275
    I dont know what number I got (or how to tell) but after ditching the efika maaaaaaany years ago, I finally got another 1.5ghz mac mini which I registered. so nice to have a working morphos machine again
    -- Stu -- [[ G4 Mini / 1.5ghz ]]
  • »31.07.17 - 18:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I dont know what number I got (or how to tell)

See comment #858.
  • »31.07.17 - 20:07
  • Just looking around
    yakumo9275
    3708 then.
    -- Stu -- [[ G4 Mini / 1.5ghz ]]
  • »31.07.17 - 21:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

yakumo9275 wrote:
    3708 then.

It's been a while since I last updated the graph. Here we go with some new ones:

PDF version here

PNG version here.
  • »31.08.17 - 18:03
  • Just looking around
    jarokuczi
    3840 - ibook g4 - replaced my previous one which has broken power circuit - 16.11.2017
    3871 - powermac g5 - new registration - 04.12.2017
  • »04.12.17 - 11:05
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Debaser

Just registered a 1.8Ghz G5 powermac today 2.17.18
  • »18.02.18 - 04:06
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    My son is a new user with a new Registration on his Mac Mini, just last month. I'm a long time user on my PegII but will be adding a Mac Mini Registration within the next few weeks, so at least they gained one :-)
  • »18.02.18 - 17:21
  • Just looking around
    a new powerbook 1,67 registered #4023 for the 3.10 release.
    I have already another powerbook registered but for supoorting the very good work made by the morphos team i have bought another key license.
    And i am waiting for a X5000 maybe in june for another license :)
  • »02.04.18 - 16:38
  • Just looking around
    Hi,
    I think I'm 4061 - at least that's the number in the URL I was directed to for payment...

First time MorphOS user with a G5 dual 2.0GHz. I used to be an active AmigaOS (heavily expanded A1200) user until around 2001, when I bought my first PC specifically to run Amithlon and got distracted by Linux/BeOS/Haiku ever since until now :-)

Chris
  • »14.04.18 - 08:58