10,000 Amiga titles at Internet Archive! :-O
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    The Internet Archive has published a huge collection of more than 10,000 Amiga games, applications and demos. You can download or play directly in the browser. I fired up Bubble Bobble and it seems to be using Aros as a base, with scripted amiga emulator.

Very convenient! :-)

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_amiga
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »09.08.16 - 13:54
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    The Internet Archive has published a huge collection of more than 10,000 Amiga games, applications and demos. You can download or play directly in the browser. I fired up Bubble Bobble and it seems to be using Aros as a base, with scripted amiga emulator.

Very convenient! :-)

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_amiga

It's very interesting how in the last couple of years, old Amiga software has been distributed freely with no issue. When Hippy2000 ran Back2Roots, he was complaining of constant legal threats from various undisclosed commercial sources.

Now it seems nobody cares, and it didn't tail off from caring a lot to mostly caring to not very much like it did in other platforms. I heard last month of a WHDLoad image site that actually lasted more than a week, and sites like this are springing up all over the place. It was like overnight something just broke and stopped sending C&D letters. Where is Number6 when you need him?

Ironically abandonware on the PC has almost gone because of an emerging market in MS-DOS games on Steam. :)
  • »09.08.16 - 15:48
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    I think it's great!

:-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »09.08.16 - 16:07
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    It's very interesting how in the last couple of years, old Amiga software has been distributed freely with no issue. When Hippy2000 ran Back2Roots, he was complaining of constant legal threats from various undisclosed commercial sources.

Now it seems nobody cares, and it didn't tail off from caring a lot to mostly caring to not very much like it did in other platforms. I heard last month of a WHDLoad image site that actually lasted more than a week, and sites like this are springing up all over the place. It was like overnight something just broke and stopped sending C&D letters. Where is Number6 when you need him?

Ironically abandonware on the PC has almost gone because of an emerging market in MS-DOS games on Steam. :)

Maybe, or maybe not...

Nintendo takes down Nintendo Power collection from Internet Archive after noticing it
  • »09.08.16 - 17:49
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    Gotta catch em all. Anyway to download the whole lot just in case they disappear?
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »10.08.16 - 18:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    _bigdan_
    discreetfx : low interest to me.
  • »11.08.16 - 06:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    "After a beta-testing period, the emulated Amiga programs at the Archive have been taken down for further development."

Too late folks. Looks like it's been spotted and lawyered.
  • »11.08.16 - 11:53
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    Did anyone catch em all?
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »11.08.16 - 19:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Did anyone catch em all?

It's online again, but shows just 3,224 results of the 10,359 results it showed before it was taken down, which is less than a third. As far as I can see, it's only non-commercial software now.
  • »02.05.17 - 13:44
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    This whole topic begs the question; did software piracy have any affect on the premature death of the Amiga, or would all of the ineptness of CBM still happened just the same way it did, and nothing would be different?

I sort of think that nothing would have been different, except that instead of 10,000+ software games, demos and other programs found in these attempts to take advantage of the Amiga legacy, would now have 15,000+ games, demos and other programs, as we would have had less developers leaving the Amiga as quickly as they did, and more content would have been produced for just a little bit longer.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »02.05.17 - 23:31
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Its complete when I just downloaded it, I got all 3 sets and its well ver 100GB
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »02.05.17 - 23:38
    Profile Visit Website