create icons
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Ok, hope there is a way to do this. If I go to my work drive and create a folder/with icon, I get a folder with its own icon. Now, what I have done is copy a bunch of music folders from a USB drive and none of those have icons. How do I create icons for these folders without have do create new folder for each artist and then copy the contents into the new folder?? Please tell me there is a way...
  • »20.02.16 - 04:37
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    First you should think do you really want icons for data directories? At least I don't like music directories to have icons, I just use them with "All Files" shown. You probably don't like the icon files copied to other systems if you copy them forward some other medias etc.

You can manually add icons by selecting the existing drawer and "Information" from the context menu (or press Command-i keyboard combination), and then drag the wanted icon over the existing icon (or click the icon to get a file requester) and then click the Save button.

Another option is to copy the .info files for every directory. I can give you a simple List LFORMAT command line to add the icons for all found directories a bit later... I'll have to go just now, but will do that later if nobody else has helped you by then :) (and if you still want to do that really)
  • »20.02.16 - 08:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Here is another way of doing it:

https://morphosuser.wordpress.com/2014/08/07/adding-drawer-icons-in-menu/
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »20.02.16 - 10:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    @JPV

you may be right about not wanting to do it. And I may end up not, but now that I have the question I still would like to know how.
  • »20.02.16 - 14:12
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Here's a commandline example to create a script which checks if there's already an icon file for the directory and copies a new icon file if not, and works with directories with spaces in their names (adds quotes around the filenames).

CD into the location where are the dirs you want to create icons for and type (or copy&paste) this:
    Code:

List DIRS LFORMAT="If NOT EXISTS *"%P%N.info*"*NCopy SYS:Prefs/Presets/Deficons/def_drawer.info *"%P%N.info*"*NEndIf" > T:createicons.script

Then check the contents of the created T:createicons.script file that it looks proper for sure. Then just "Execute T:createicons.script" from the shell to run the actual script file, and you get the icons for all directiories under the current working directory.

If you want to create icons recursively for all found sub dirs too, add the ALL option to the List command.

[ Edited by jPV 21.02.2016 - 11:33 ]
  • »21.02.16 - 09:27
    Profile Visit Website