FPSE broken on MorphOS 3.3?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    I can't start it with an original game in the CD drive, it says CD Initialization Failed.
  • »13.10.13 - 03:28
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _DaNi_
    i can confirm this too, morphos team is working for fix the bugs found on 3.3 for the next release (3.4)
  • »13.10.13 - 09:41
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    It seems this MorphOS 3.3 update is being a lot more trouble than it's been worth, well maybe not exactly, but is it possible to release an uninstall script on the update ISO/CD, with future MOS releases?

So, if difficulties occur a user can run the UNINSTALL script to remove the problematic update, and re-instate the previous stable MOS, instead of having to start to re-install the OS bit by bit by hand to get it back to the previous version that had been installed.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »13.10.13 - 18:57
    Kronos
    @Newsense

Your "stable" MorphOS is still there, just look onto your HD there should be a MorphOS-somedate folder alongside the normal MorphOS folder. Thats your MorphOS as it was before updating.

Same with the boot.img on your boo: partition.
  • »13.10.13 - 19:11
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    @Redrumload:
    take a look at plugin/cd/configure. It seems a wrong device and unit configuration. I tried Dino Crisis 2 and work well with CD. Just in case, try with a ISO image to see if problem occours again. By the way, I selected "CMD READ" in Read Mode and "ON" for Read SUBQ (the other two options didn't work for me).
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »14.10.13 - 18:54
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    @Newsense

Your "stable" MorphOS is still there, just look onto your HD there should be a MorphOS-somedate folder alongside the normal MorphOS folder. Thats your MorphOS as it was before updating.

Same with the boot.img on your boo: partition.

So you are saying that if I choose the upgrade option from 3.2 to 3.3 it will keep my original 3.2 setup somewhere in case I want to revert back?
    That would be brilliant if it was the case :)

I have the computer set up the way I like it so I haven't dared to upgrade yet.
  • »14.10.13 - 22:38
    Simon
    I suppose you can make a backup ? undo/uninstall is no good when your harddrive goes tits up ...
    Proud member of the Belgian Amiga Club since 2003

• »15.10.13 - 11:53
    Profile Visit Website
    Simon
    That said, is it already possible to use all buttons on a PSX joypad ?

• »15.10.13 - 11:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Last time I checked it wasn´t.

Even if the LowLevel.library does not support as many triggers a PSX has, it was even impossible to redefine all needed once to e.g. play WipeOut.

Somehow it is not possible to redefine L2/R2 (or was it L1/R1?).

Anyway without air beaks the game is unplayable. Would be nice to get a proper update supporting new sensors.library with unlimited inputs.

Geit
  • »15.10.13 - 12:11
    Simon
    I was hoping that also .. can't play Tony Hawk with it and Medal of Honour isn't very playable without it either.

• »15.10.13 - 13:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Jambalah wrote:
    @Redrumload:
    take a look at plugin/cd/configure. It seems a wrong device and unit configuration. I tried Dino Crisis 2 and work well with CD. Just in case, try with a ISO image to see if problem occours again. By the way, I selected "CMD READ" in Read Mode and "ON" for Read SUBQ (the other two options didn't work for me).

I have a fresh 3.4 install with nothing extra and I still cannot load from CD. I did go ahead and get a CD image and it does indeed work from an image. I have a stack of original CDs so I'd rather use my originals if possible :-/

If it matters, I am using a Pmac G5 2.0Ghz. FWIW in windowed mode I get about 60% cpu load.
  • »18.01.14 - 02:54
    Cool_amigaN
    Will a converter from PSX to USB controller work for MorphOS for fpse? I mean, will it map automatically all keys (including L2/R2) or it will depend from the OS driver like it is now?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »20.01.14 - 08:17
    Profile Visit Website
    BSzili
    I don't think the lowlevel.libary interface (joyll.dll) supports enough buttons for the PSX controller. When sensors.libary will be extended to support generic HID devices this will be solved.
    This is just like television, only you can see much further.
  • »20.01.14 - 08:58
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    And here we are one year later :P

FPSE works very well on a couple of ISOs I tested yeasterday under MorphOS 3.7.

However, the fact that you still cannot define L2/R2 buttons, persists. Is there any possibility for an update to the sensors.library on the foreseeable future?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »17.02.15 - 10:37
    Profile Visit Website
    BSzili
    There's now a new joystick plugin by yours truly, which uses sensors.library.
    This is just like television, only you can see much further.
  • »03.11.15 - 11:17
    Profile Visit Website
    Cego
    FPSE is incompatible with a lots of games. I wrote a lot of emails to the author in the last 3 years giving him feedback and kindly asking if there's going to be some improvements in that area. i never got a reply. all that has been released after all that time is a new joystick plugin. i still have to power up OS X to play NBA 2000 and FIFA 99.
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »03.11.15 - 13:17
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @Cego

A lot of the games are supported if you find them in the right format. It's very much a guessing game, but I have been able to find working versions for most of the games I wanted to play :-)
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »03.11.15 - 13:20
    Profile Visit Website
    Cego
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    @Cego

A lot of the games are supported if you find them in the right format. It's very much a guessing game, but I have been able to find working versions for most of the games I wanted to play :-)

well i have those games on the original cd. i have also downloaded aome iso images from the internet and none of them worked. When playing from the original cd i can make it to the game itself, but its slow and unplayable.
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »03.11.15 - 13:40
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @Cego

I don't know about CD:s. I've only tried various ISO:s.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »03.11.15 - 19:17
    Profile Visit Website