Pagestream 4.0.8 again
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    I just reconfigured a "new" Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz, 1 GB RAM with MOS 3.4

I moved or copied my old installation of Pagestream 4.0.8 from a backup that I made from my old Mac Mini. PS launches and opens fine using the Pagestream Assign icon, but it doesn't open when clicking on the Pagestream default app icon.

Of course, as this was a direct copy of my old installation my user-startup doesn't contain the PS script. Can I add the script manually to the user-startup? If so, what should be the script?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »03.02.14 - 06:45
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > PS launches and opens fine using the Pagestream Assign icon, but it doesn't open
    > when clicking on the Pagestream default app icon. Of course, as this was a direct
    > copy of my old installation my user-startup doesn't contain the PS script. Can I
    > add the script manually to the user-startup? If so, what should be the script?

I guess the answer might be contained in one of those threads of yours:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9585&forum=16
    https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9592&forum=9
  • »03.02.14 - 08:08
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Please check also Ambient filetype (path) for PS!

-> AmbientPrefs/Filetypes/Applications/x-Pagestream -> click on item "Open with". There should be the correct path to Pagestream.
    e.g. <Your full path>/PageStream4 %sp .
    Type has to be "Workbench" and Action should be "Double click".
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »03.02.14 - 12:15
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    Please check also Ambient filetype (path) for PS!

-> AmbientPrefs/Filetypes/Applications/x-Pagestream -> click on item "Open with". There should be the correct path to Pagestream.
    e.g. <Your full path>/PageStream4 %sp .
    Type has to be "Workbench" and Action should be "Double click".

Thank you Amigaharry2, but I don't have a x-Pagestream icon under AmbientPrefs/Filetypes/Applications/.

Do I have to create one? How?
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »03.02.14 - 17:55
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    First:

Create a text-file with following content, name it x-pagestream and copy it to System:Prefs/Ambient/filetypes/application/

AMTD
    Type application/x-pagestream
    Name PageStream Document
    Action
    Name Open with
    Event DoubleClick
    Command WORKBENCH Work:PageStream4/PageStream4 %sp
    Flag cd source
    End
    End

Don't forget to change to your path for Pagestream-location!

Second:

If default Pagestream-icon does not exist in your DefIcon-drawer, then create one (you can take one from some icon-sets on Aminet or from elsewhere).

In my case it's located here: System:Prefs/Presets/Deficons/application/x-pagestream.info
    Maybe it's located on another place at your system - you can check the actual path in AmbientPrefs/Miscellaneous/ -> path to DefIcons

Third: reboot

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 03.02.2014 - 19:34 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »03.02.14 - 19:33
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    @Amigaharry2

I forgot to give you thanks for your reply and advice. It worked perfectly.

On a related or similar issue, I came across my old and orginal installation of Pagestream 3.2 yesterday and I decided to also give it a try, since it worked very well with my previous Mac Mini G4 1.2Ghz.

It's working but it messed up my user-startup and now everytime I logon is asking me to assign volume Work:Pagestream32.

This is how my user-startup file looks like now, and IMPORTANT - THIS IS ALL THAT MY USER-STARTUP SHOWS NOW, nothing more:

;BEGIN PageStream3
    Assign PageStream3: "Work:PageStream3"
    Assign SoftLogik: "PageStream3:SoftLogik"
    Assign Fonts: "PageStream3:SoftLogik/Fonts" ADD
    ;END PageStream3
    ;BEGIN ARexx
    sys:system/rexxmast >NIL:
    ;END ARexx

How to edit my user-startup so that it boots up straight to Ambient?
  • »10.02.14 - 18:01
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Try this:

Additional insert following line after ;BEGINN...

assign Pagestream: Work:Pagestream3

AFAIK older Pagestram-versions needs a assign to keyword "Pagestream" (without any number) too...
    With this assigns Pagestream 3.3 is running properly on my A3000......
  • »10.02.14 - 18:37