Any simple examples of using 3d api on MOS?
  • Just looking around
    koft
    I have no familiarity with open gl or direct X. All of the 3d stuff I've done to date has been in python with the vpython libs. Are there some simplistic tiny gl examples out there that will compile on MorphOS? Are there any tutorials? Not sure where to get started, not sure where to focus. Goa? Warp3d? Tiny Gl?
  • »01.07.10 - 14:01
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Goa? Warp3d?

Goa is MorphOS' Warp3D implementation. I discourage you from using it for new projects. It's there for backwards compatibility only.
  • »01.07.10 - 16:26
  • MorphOS Developer
    kiero
    sdk still doesn't include opengl examples (yes, blame my lazyness) so try to get old one from here: http://wozniak-m.w.interia.pl/tinygl-sdk.lha it contains few simple examples using tinygl.library and glut api. if you want to use 'more native' interface you can check blanker (wavey) example in sdk. it shows how to create render target for intuituion screens using multibuffering or a target for graphics.library bitmap.
  • »01.07.10 - 20:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    koft
    Thanks for the pointers. The I have some direction now. Got the examples working, that's exactly what I needed. One more question though, I couldn't get the wavey example to compile. It seems I'm missing libsyscall, I don't see it anywhere in the SDK. Is this something I have to hunt down? Searching on the net didn't turn any results.
  • »02.07.10 - 14:21
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    Usually libsyscall is only used for debugging (dprintf). You can replace any dprintf with kprintf and -lsyscall with -ldebug in the Makefile.

Any examples we're providing that use -lsyscall should obviously be fixed this way. /me pokes the lazies ;-)

[ Edited by Piru on 2010/7/2 18:45 ]
  • »02.07.10 - 14:42
  • Just looking around
    koft
    Quote:

Piru wrote:
    Usually libsyscall is only used for debugging (dprintf). You can replace any dprintf with kprintf and -lsyscall with -ldebug in the Makefile.

Any examples we're providing that use -lsyscall should obviously be fixed this way. /me pokes the lazies ;-)

[ Edited by Piru on 2010/7/2 18:45 ]

Thanks for the tip. I'll remember that if I see it in the future again. Got that sample working, man, that's a really cool blanker!
  • »02.07.10 - 15:25
  • MorphOS Developer
    kiero
    lazies actualy took some time and fixed this (and some other) samples a while ago:) i'm not sure if it was already in updated sdk or will be in next release tho. iirc it was safe to just remove -lsyscall from wavey makefile
  • »02.07.10 - 17:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    koft
    Quote:

kiero wrote:
    lazies actualy took some time and fixed this (and some other) samples a while ago:) i'm not sure if it was already in updated sdk or will be in next release tho. iirc it was safe to just remove -lsyscall from wavey makefile

Yup, all i did was remove -lsyscall from the make file. The source had no include for sys/syscall.h. I just got my MorphOS liscense a week ago and downloaded the sdk off the site at the same time so I guess I have the latest released stuff.
  • »02.07.10 - 18:24