MUIBase 3 and pdf export
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Does anyone have an experience with MUIBase Query editor and exporting its results to PDF file?

Recently I've created a database with several attributes, which are represented in Query editor by columns.
    By clicking RMB on the top bar of columns, a pop-up menu appears in which one can deactivate (exclude) some of columns.
    But after I exclude one of them (it disappears in Query editor) and then export the query result to an PDF, that column still exists there in PDF.

Am I right it should affects on PDF output or not?
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »02.02.14 - 14:27
  • MH2
  • Just looking around
    MH2
    Have you try too mail on the MUIBase Yahoo email-list?

I have one big datbase, that have relation , buttons, and i can even start an mp3 fil whit an button.

If i want to make an pdf file a do this steps.

1. Go too the Queries editor

2. Type (in my case) SELECT File From Encode, If I type SELECT * From Encode, the rsult will be all data i have.

3.Press the RUN button to get the list of only files data

4. Press the PDF button, and type where the pdf file should be saved ( in my case Ram Disk:).

5. Then I can open the PDF file in the Ram Disk:
  • »13.02.14 - 16:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    Quote:

r-tea wrote:
    Does anyone have an experience with MUIBase Query editor and exporting its results to PDF file?

Recently I've created a database with several attributes, which are represented in Query editor by columns.
    By clicking RMB on the top bar of columns, a pop-up menu appears in which one can deactivate (exclude) some of columns.
    But after I exclude one of them (it disappears in Query editor) and then export the query result to an PDF, that column still exists there in PDF.

Am I right it should affects on PDF output or not?

For now MUIbase does not check the status of fields abd that's why it does not hide them when exporting to pdf.
    But this can/will be changed for one of the next new releases of MUIbase (as per Steffen Gutmann).

From my point of view, in fact this is quite a handy feature ;-)

Regards
    Christoph
  • »17.02.14 - 14:15
    Profile Visit Website