amiga os ibmcon.device?
  • esc
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    esc
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to install a vintage bbs software for telnet purposes, the bbs package is "System-X": http://aminet.net/package/comm/bbs/DC-X107i

I've installed this package and have been able to get it to run until it tries to load a screenmode dependent upon ibmcon.device (which IS in devs:, and I believe it was installed by this software).

Can someone confirm that this is the blocker? :) I'd really appreciate it. Also if anyone has any ideas for a fix...dctelnet seems to rely on that as well but it works just fine...
  • »09.07.13 - 18:49
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Actually DCTelnet/ibmcon.device doesn't work 100% well on my setup. Ibmcon.device hits on MorphOS debug log when running DCTelnet... you can still use it, but there's a bug somewhere. Another issue with DCTelnet is that sometimes typed chars get unintentioned ยด marks on them, but if I switch screens or click around it gets back to normal. I don't know if that because of the same ibmcon.device.. might be.

Anyway I've been thinking to investigate this more, but still haven't got it done. I'd appreciate any info with this issue too :)
  • »10.07.13 - 06:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • esc
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    esc
    Hey jPV, did you figure anything out about this? There is a lot of software I can't use, all of them bbs softwares so far. They all look for ibmcon.device so I am starting to think that's the issue.
  • »14.07.13 - 21:09