RegisterISO does not its job
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    Hello,

With the latest release I have used registeriso to have my key inside the iso. Then I have booted from the iso to discover what was inside. But after 25 minutes I have obtained the requester about registration. Strange, I thought that my key was present inside the iso. Then I have tried both from morphos 3.1 than 3.2 to to copy again my key inside an unmodified iso. Registeriso claimed having done its job but it did not, it had only deleted the icon of keymaps directory instead, and in devs my key was not present.

Brumiga
  • »08.06.13 - 14:40
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

Then I have tried both from morphos 3.1 than 3.2 to to copy again my key inside an unmodified iso. Registeriso claimed having done its job but it did not, it had only deleted the icon of keymaps directory instead, and in devs my key was not present.

Right. It seems to fail with the recent iso. I´ll have to investigate that. It is a bad hack, so something like this was to expect at some point.

Geit

[ Edited by geit 08.06.2013 - 15:53 ]
  • »08.06.13 - 14:52
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    I updated RegisterISO and it should now work like expected again with all MorphOS iso files.

Update via Grunch or http://www.geit.de/stupid/RegisterISO.lha

Geit
  • »08.06.13 - 16:19
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    @Geit,

This new version does its job, my key is present into devs. But it still deletes keymaps directory icon.

Brumiga
  • »08.06.13 - 19:27
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

This new version does its job, my key is present into devs. But it still deletes keymaps directory icon.

That is the hack.

It always killed and will kill the icon.

Basically the keyfile IS the icon file, as one cannot hack an additional file into an existing iso without rebuilding it.

RegisterISO changes the icon name, size and data to do the magic.

Geit

[ Edited by geit 08.06.2013 - 20:51 ]
  • »08.06.13 - 19:50