• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

zukow wrote:
    If You don't have postscript printer, please print in Turbprint mode (Postscript checkmark off). It is faster and takes less memory and ghostscript isn't required. If You have postscript printer and printing directly to NETPAR: does't work, i'll build vpdf version with debug enabled

I usually use PRT: as the device to send my printout to via the Ethernet/LAN on my Mac Mini as the PS: option doesn't work, and I also get an error message that the device could not be initialized - that's using the PostScript option - level 2 as I have a HP 5M Colour LaserJet printer which has either PostScript 2 or PCL printing options.

When I 'unticked' the PostScript option and used the printer settings using TurboPrint interpreted through the PCL language it printed the document but only in Black even though the setting was set for it to print in colour. I do have Ghostscript installed.

Any explanation for:

1. Why printing to PRT: works using PostScript - and in colour, using the LAN/netprinter.device?
    2. Why the PS: printing option doesn't work in VPDF?
    3. Why the HP5 ColorLaserJet colour printout settings don't work using the standard print options in VPDF?

[ Edited by NewSense 13.06.2013 - 02:53 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »12.06.13 - 01:47