• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I think too many people replying to this thread have misunderstood my suggestions for cooperation between the AmigaOS4.x port and the proposed MorphOS3.x port of Libre Office. The way I envisioned it working was the setting up of an open source tree with each system having separate branches and only sharing the code that is common to a PPC version of Libre Office. The MorphOS3.x branch would take a different direction with MUI4 and perhaps Reggae, IceFS, & LUA, while the AmigaOS4.x branch would probably use ReAction, ARexx and other commonly used parts from AmigaOS4.x.

In essence it would be two separate porting projects, just that they would share a common source tree, but have their own separate branches that would not affect each other. In this way, their would be nothing to slow down either programming team, or individual, as they would not get involved with anything related to the "Other" branch. AROS for PPC could also join the party with their own programming team or individual.

That was my idea of cooperation that could be achieved at this point in time. Maybe a further step toward cooperation could made later.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.02.13 - 23:12