• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

a single binary would reach almost the entire Amigaish world

Of course I wouldn't expect it in a first, quick port, but over time I think a binary that utilizes Reggae, new MUI4 features (some may perhaps even be developed specially for this application), safely assumes big file support (through MorphOS's new DOS and file systems like IceFS), etc, would be better. Interfacing the applications with LUA scripting would perhaps make better sense than Arexx? I know that the Turbo Print in MorphOS leaves a lot to wish for, but it's there, it's something OS3.x doesn't have as standard. There are most certainly many more things, this was just quick from the top of my head, but the point I'm trying to make is that this is MorphOS, and MorphOS has evolved and is evolving, it has become much better than Amiga OS was, with more features, better features. If new programs won't use these features whenever it's possible, but sill aim for the the much lower OS3.x prerequisites from 1995, wouldn't this make the MorphOS evolution a bit redundant? This is MorphOS, if new applications should be written (or ported) in an OS native way, I think it's a given that it should aim to utilize as many MorphOS features as possible, whenever possible. I think this should be a standing, general ambition for all developments, and not just for this one. OS3, OS4 and AROS isn't MorphOS.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »01.02.13 - 10:42