• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    As Nicholai suggested, it would be better for the developer(s) to use a Windows, or possibly a Mac, or Linux system to cross compile the project, as such systems have better programming tools and can compile code many times faster, so compiling twice, once for MorphOS3.x and once for OS4.x, would not be a burden. Testing would be the only obstacle and I have no doubt that there would be dozens, if not hundreds of users from both camps that would gladly volunteer to test the code as it was produced. There would probably be programmers from each camp that would also be glad to join in the effort to complete a port of Libre Office to both systems, so I don't see adding a port to AmigaOS4.x as a detriment to the project, and it could be a great asset to the bounty effort.

I understand the reluctance of some people here, and the resistance to this idea. It obviously is not a popular idea to present on a MorphOS website. That is okay, I don't blame anyone for their viewpoint and opinions against my ideas.

I agree with Nicholai that there is no reason or need to work on any AmigaOS4.x parts of the project in the beginning, and an AmigaOS4.x programmer can be located late in the project to work on completing that part of the bounty, after all the non-specific system programming work has been done. The same applies to the MorphOS3.x specific parts of the code.

[ Edited by amigadave 30.01.2013 - 11:18 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »30.01.13 - 19:13