• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Nicholai,

It is good to read that someone has attempted some work on this kind of project and that you think there are no programming obstacles that would make it impossible, or even impractical to complete a port of Libre Office to MorphOS3.x. I understand that much of the work would be very boring and how it could be difficult to keep motivation to complete the work, but perhaps this kind of software is important to enough other MorphOS3.x users, that they will donate to a bounty and that this money will help with the motivation.

I hope that you will consider joining this other programmer who has no previous experience with programming or using MorphOS, so you can advise him regarding the MorphOS system specific information that he will need to complete such a project. Would money be enough of a motivational tool to keep you interested in participating in such a project? If yes, we can begin to set up a bounty to pay you and this other outside programmer for your time spent working on this project.

I wonder if using Kickstarter for porting Libre Office to MorphOS3.x would be a good idea? I also wonder if combining it with a port of Libre Office to AmigaOS4.x would help to raise double the money we could raise if the port was for MorphOS3.x alone (I know that some MorphOS users will object to a combined port to both OSes, as they object to any kind of cooperation, but this outside programmer probably does not care, as he has no previous knowledge of the fighting that has gone on in the past and should not care, or want to exclude a port to AmigaOS4.x in addition to MorphOS3.x, unless it will cause too much additional work that he does not wish to place on the project)?

Either way, I hope that this project can go forward to completion, and that there are not any reasons that it can't be done, which Nicholai did not realize during the short time he was working on creating the port of Libre Office to MorphOS3.x.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »30.01.13 - 17:30